stang+snow=death

phil

so everyone was telling me how bad mustangs are in the snow, but hearing it and doing it are two different things. i cant even keep that shit straight to save my life. it took me 12 minutes to get out of my neighborhood, i had to back up 6x, i almost ran into 3 light poles, 7 cars and close to hitting some dumb fucking kid who decided to run in the middle of the street to impress his friends. :asshole: . it took me over 2 hours to get from picktown to osu, and then to top it off, when i got back home, since i have a slanted drive way i couldnt get that shit in the garage. anyone else having a shitty time today?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy a beater i've got a Cherokee Sport for times like these. We got hit pretty well in Indy too.

4 years ago, I had the LS1/RX7 and I thought for sure I could make it through winter with good tires. 1st snow, took me 2hrs to exit my neighborhood, and get back to the garage. The next day I bought a beater

Supercharged front wheel drive bonneville OWNS the snow almost as good as AWD cause the car is a tank.

But when i get home im breaking the Jeep out and lockin the 4 wheel drive in. Time to go play.

Damn I was gonna look at a 95 Grand Cherokee tomorrow they only want 1400 that looks like a good investment.

And I LOVE Bonnys wish I had one :(

On another note I love how ODOT ALWAYS say they are prepared but the roads always end up looking like shit..

so everyone was telling me how bad mustangs are in the snow, but hearing it and doing it are two different things. i cant even keep that shit straight to save my life. it took me 12 minutes to get out of my neighborhood, i had to back up 6x, i almost ran into 3 light poles, 7 cars and close to hitting some dumb fucking kid who decided to run in the middle of the street to impress his friends. :asshole: . it took me over 2 hours to get from picktown to osu, and then to top it off, when i got back home, since i have a slanted drive way i couldnt get that shit in the garage. anyone else having a shitty time today?

HAHAHA, I had no problems in the snow with my old stang. Got around fine in the snow. Oh, brand new goodyear eagle GT-HR's. Now the ice was a problem :(

I drove an 88 5.0 for years in the snow, it's nothing. Don't be a pussy. Hell, IMO, it handled about as well as my old GTP. It's all in the mindset.

Now I have my TrailBlazer, had an F250, had a 1996 Explorer - all 4WD - fuck 2WD anything in the snow.

It took me 3 hrs 7 mins to go from Galloway to Downtown.

Feder, Renner and Roberts were ALL parking lots.

I fucking hate snow in Ohio!

KillJoy

What time? I came down Feder, took it all the way to Hauge and then connected to Grandview Road and jumped in I-670 to downtown at about 9:30. Wasn't bad at all.

Damn I was gonna look at a 95 Grand Cherokee tomorrow they only want 1400 that looks like a good investment.

And I LOVE Bonnys wish I had one :(

On another note I love how ODOT ALWAYS say they are prepared but the roads always end up looking like shit..

Thats pretty cheap for a 95 Grand Cherokee is it part time/full time those jeeps had i think 3-5 options for there 4 wheel drive. They also have a bad habit of wearing out front axle u joints so listen for those when you test drive. I about snapped some axles cause mine went bad.

I will sell you the bonny if you want I want to get a subaru as my next toy.

I drove an 88 5.0 for years in the snow, it's nothing. Don't be a pussy. Hell, IMO, it handled about as well as my old GTP. It's all in the mindset.

Now I have my TrailBlazer, had an F250, had a 1996 Explorer - all 4WD - fuck 2WD anything in the snow.

What time? I came down Feder, took it all the way to Hauge and then connected to Grandview Road and jumped in I-670 to downtown at about 9:30. Wasn't bad at all.

I left the house at 7:15. PEAK of Rush Hour :(

KillJoy

Get a beater! 5.0's suck in the snow, tires or no tires. There was a red convertible Fox Body getting on 270 this morning, he was sideways and everyone stopped for him so he could get straight. I felt bad, but then reminded myself that's why my Mustangs are in the garage sleeping and I'm driving the beater Contour... :nod: