2008 Challenger SRT8 Sneak Peek Pics Released!

TimTaylor751647545500

They pull pretty hard, and they feel a hair quicker than the Charger on the butt dyno, but they also don't have the weak differential of the Charger and you can get an aggressive rear end gear that could make it feel quicker too.

Bottom line: You don't know yet because they may have been limiting the torque to the transmission in order to save the differential. I don't know the reason, so I can't give you a definate answer.

It's the same 5 speed auto as today so it gets no more trans input torque then the current platforms, which they do limit based on input torque.

It's the same 5 speed auto as today so it gets no more trans input torque then the current platforms, which they do limit based on input torque.

I know. What I'm saying is that they can't limit the rear differential torque over the CAN bus, so the place to do it is at the trans. My point is that you don't know if they limited the trans input torque in order to save the transmission or the rear differential, and the Challanger gets a better differentail. So it may or may not be there. I've driven both and they FEEL quicker, but there are a lot of things that can cause that.

I know. What I'm saying is that they can't limit the rear differential torque over the CAN bus, so the place to do it is at the trans. My point is that you don't know if they limited the trans input torque in order to save the transmission or the rear differential, and the Challanger gets a better differentail. So it may or may not be there. I've driven both and they FEEL quicker, but there are a lot of things that can cause that.

The reason I am saying that is because I KNOW that they limit it because it exceeds the input torque limit of the trans, while it might very well exceed what the differential is rated at, they limited it for the transmission with that specific trans. I understand what you are saying, but I dont think you understand what I am saying.

I was so pumped for these but those real life pics fall WAY short of the projected hotness I saw in protos. The ass/tail light is fugly and the front corners look to plan. I whould rather get a 05 up stang or maybe a camode but I have not seen the finished pics of that.

• 1 month later...
If you want one of the 2008 you can expect to pay closer to $60,000. Dealers are selling them for $20,000 over MSRP. People are also selling there spot in line on the waiting list for $15,000+. Definatly would wait until 2009 or 2010.