Lesson learned for craigslist

TimTaylor751647545500

So I had listed the shell from my parts car on craigslist (for $50) in early november and it was sold within a week or two. My mistake that I forgot to remove the listing, but hadn't really thought about it since nobody has inquired about it since it sold.

Fast forward to last night at 12:30am

I'm fast asleep with my girlfriend when the phone rings with some drunk jackass on the other end asking if it was still available. I simply say it was sold weeks ago and hang up.

What do I have in my inbox first thing this morning, but an email from this drunken buffoon.

i am sorry that i woke you up friday night/sunday morning. I was trying to say before hung up the phone that I was thinking you would have your phone turned off and it would go to voice mail. If you don;t want people calling you so late or at all about it then I would say go back into your file and remove the add this way you dont get phone calls late at night with the second shift people are online and two you don't have to answer unwanted phone calls. As well as people do read sale adds that are out of date!

Friday night/Sunday morning :confused:

Next time I list something, I'll try to be considerate of prospective buyers' work schedules. Or maybe I should have just said what hours to call. Shame on me for leaving my phone turned on at night.

Lesson learned.

fucking idiots.

I just had 2 amazing transactions, bought some sorta beat-up skis that were exactly as described and had no more damage than indicated and bought for the agreed upon price, and then subsequently sold my old skis to a fella who got here when he told me he would, brought the correct amount of cash to pay for the price we agreed on, and didn't give me any crap and thanked me for giving him such a good deal.

Come to think of it, I've always gotten the run-around in Cbus but had no problems in Boston. Guess these people are good for something.