98 V6 Camaro V8 Swap or Supercharge

Drewhop

Here is the story my boss's son bought this car wrecked and both of them rebuilt it did body work so on so forth. Boss's son is in air force and is now oversee's He will be coming home in a year or so. Boss wants to suprise him with a bit more power nothing crazy but a good foundation. Around 300 hp at wheels.

So here is the question

1. Which is cheaper

2. Which is easier

3. Which is more reliable

I understand all the factors associated with each one. But not sure on final costs. With v8 swap will it require rear end swap tranny swap ecu all that.

With v6 supercharge it seems like bolt on kit with upgraded valve springs and roller rockers for low boost application good for 250-280 hp

Any input would be great.

Thanks in advance Andy

if this is in the wrong area i apologize

Sell the v-6 and buy a LS 1 car and you have your 300rwhp with a lid and exhaust. That is what I would do .

If they are stuck on keeping the car then that is another thing. Either installing a supercharger or doing a v-8 swap including all the supporting mods that will be required, will cost them more than just selling the v-6 car and buying a LS1 car.

From what I've seen from these car's it's more worth while to do a V-8 swap. I know a guy who has a 3.4 V-6 car that is fully built, turbo'd, ect. About $20k plus in the car. It's a fast car, but sounds like ass. Also my slow bucket runs faster...which isn't saying much for his $20k investment.

see thread... we talked about it alittle bit.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44884&page=1&pp=25

Thanks for link but didnt help me much just a couple opinions. I guess i need facts.

I know intense has a 8 second v6 but they also dont have a few thousand dollars in it. Maybe some of the shops on here can give there opinion and possibly earn some business on where the parts will be bought.

If you are going for easy, and cheap(er) power stick with the v6. you will have 2k in a blower, and then maybe another grand in supporting mods and that should put you right around 300hp.

http://forum.camarov6.com/index.php?

For the v8 swap i am assuming you would go with the LS1, that's about 3k right there just for the complete motor/tranny/computer/wiring. then you still have to put it in and get it running right