Why we don't get back into our cars while pumping gas

Slimpsy1647545505

this morning at the gas station, at the pump across from me, this woman did the same thing AND WAS SMOKING A CIGARETTE

she gave me crap when I asked if she could go endanger someone else's life

I just showed my wife to help re-enforce the static danger. She then told me that she always touches the car to release the charge and that the last time she did it the charge was so powerful she actually herd the "click" and it hurt. Thankfully she practices safe pumping....yeah....I said that :p

Anyone ever notice how some cars are way more 'staticy' than others? I can't get into and out of my gf's car without building up tons of static. Don't have that problem in my car. I think it may have something, in this case, to do with the artificial fabrics used in her seats which generally hold static more than straight cotton or whatever.

Keep this in mind, as well. During the winter, the weather can get dry and windy making static a much larger problem. We also have a tendency to wait in our cars while pumping due to the cold weather.

Anyone ever notice how some cars are way more 'staticy' than others? I can't get into and out of my gf's car without building up tons of static. Don't have that problem in my car. I think it may have something, in this case, to do with the artificial fabrics used in her seats which generally hold static more than straight cotton or whatever.

My Evo's that way. I'm always getting shocked getting out of those Recaro seats...

Keep this in mind, as well. During the winter, the weather can get dry and windy making static a much larger problem. We also have a tendency to wait in our cars while pumping due to the cold weather.

Yup. The Beam does nothing, but the Toyota(s) zap me EVERY FREAKIN TIME I step out of the car.

my 00 Civic SI was fucking annoying with that. It shocked me every time I closed the door. I was so glad to get rid of that car.

My Mazda is the same way. Whenever I get out of the car to pump gas I always close the door. Also helps that the fuel door is on the pass side.

I get zapped when I get out of my car in the winter.. What suprised me is that the metalisized tint on my windows will take the zap also. :)

But man was she lazy. Didn't pull up far enough so she wouldn't have to walk 2 feet to the pump, then has to sit down while filling.. :p Good thing she doesn't live in MA. Stations have to remove the catches from the handles so you have to stand there and pump. She'd probably have died against the side of her SUV from the strain. :p