How hard to install alarm

Janszen

Im thinking about asking for a Viper 1002 Alarm system for Christmas and I'm thinking about installing this myself. I'm pretty good with wiring and just wondering if it is a pain in the ass to install or a long process and if it would be worth it to just have the place I buy it at put it in.... I am particular with my car and don't like other people messing with it. I'm sure alot of people on here know where i'm coming from..

Thanks for any advice you have

Janszen

First I'd go to http://www.the12volt.com/ .They should have a free wiring diagram for your car.Make sure you have the right tools for the job Before you start.There are alot of good wirte ups on that site,study them.

It's a pain in the ass but it's worth it.Honestly after having two diffrent shops butcher my gf's car Im never going anywhere to get anything like that done.Electrical tape and loose wire everywhere.It's hard to find good shops these days.Im glad I do everything on my own car myself.

It doesnt matter if a Reputable shop installs it or some guy off the street. I have seen a lot of systems fail. I used to install them myself, I got out of them all together. When 3 different systems on 3 of my vehicles went to shit. All were remote start systems. One drained the battery constantly. The other engaged the started when the car was in the ON position. And the other just plain went to shit. Now this wasnt all in a month or anything but over the coarse of a year and a half they all went. They were all install the previous year at different times.

Its not as hard as these guys are making it out to be. It pretty damn simple actually. When you get it, it will have a sheet of vehicles and what wire is what. Ive seen a lot done numerically. EX. #1 wire goes to Red at Column #2 wire goes to Yellow at Column. So on so on. Its easy.

I'm with 360, as long as you have a good schematic of your car and take your time, it really isn't bad at all. The first time I did my own, I spent 2 afternoons doing it, but I definitely wasn't in a hurry. If you can't find the wiring info for your car let me know, I have a book specifically for installers that tells what color and where the wires are that you'll need.