Divorce Laws /rules etc

Guest Removed

I went through a dissolution. We weren't separated a year before ours was finalized. We didn't have kids and she didn't want anything of mine. She took all her stuff when she moved out. I didn't even have to get an attorney. I just agreed to split her attorney costs with her.

Guest Removed
well she is moving out, we dont have any kids together, and we are agreeing on everything so far. like i siad its just what i was told! i was wanting to look it up to be sure. and my buddie did it and it cost him like under 300 bucks to do his dissolution

If you both agree to whom gets what, and things are pretty amicable, you should be able to share an attorney who will process the paperwork, and it "could be" a pretty painless process. My dissolution took no more than a few months and I didn't even have to show up to the court date.

Oh, and mine cost me $1k total.

Guest Removed
If you both agree to whom gets what, and things are pretty amicable, you should be able to share an attorney who will process the paperwork, and it "could be" a pretty painless process. My dissolution took no more than a few months and I didn't even have to show up to the court date.

my buddie did it with no attorny at all. they just paid the paper work fees etc. like i siad it cost under 300 in filing fees and for the copys needed, etc.

Guest Removed
Dissolution doesn't require any time of separation. My ex and I were apart for about three days when I filed.

It's an uncontested dissolve of the marriage.

how long was it till it was all said and done?

how long was it till it was all said and done?

From the date we saw my attorney, three months. It only took that long because Franklin County has a mandatory waiting period once the paperwork is filed before the case is heard.

Unfortunately, I disagree with Damreds in the post above. Have an attorney do it. A dissolution requires by law that only one spouse can have legal representation, both is considered contested. It's very inexpenseive and honestly, saves you a lot of headache and footwork. Papers are still drawn up, as mine were 3x pages long because it still names who gets what, finances, etc.

Get an attorney, just make sure she agrees not to get one as well.

Damn, I thought I knew you pretty well but didn't know about this. Your g/f is pretty hot. She got any single friends?

but why live unhappy for the rest of my life?

I am not saying this to bust your nutz, but marriage is a compromise. Most marriages fail because one or both of the partners need to grow up and stop being selfish. The best solution is to find out the core problem in the marriage and fix it. And before you say "mine cant be fixed".... all marriages cant be fixed.

Best of luck

Guest Removed
I am not saying this to bust your nutz, but marriage is a compromise. Most marriages fail because one or both of the partners need to grow up and stop being selfish. The best solution is to find out the core problem in the marriage and fix it. And before you say "mine cant be fixed".... all marriages cant be fixed.

Best of luck

kind of hard to make fire and water go together! we have tryed working on things. im done.