Dog talk

V8 Beast

I've never been up to the Alum Creek dog park but would love to check it out. I went to the one on Livingston a few times, and it was ok. It's close to my parents when I'm visiting but I live all the way in Hilliard. I have a black lab/great pyrenese puppy and she was just starting to get close to swimming when they closed the water part off for the season. I'd like to see if she'll swim next year... be nice if there was a park a little closer to me.

I'm just bored lately and its winter so I"m playing along with the usual CR winter time stuff.

Now I think I was mis understood about dogs. I love them and had many of them while growing up. Dogs and cats were part of my family for 24 or so years of my life. My parents didn't allow animals to live in our house and I won't either. Its totally not a question of patience since I have more patience than probably most of you on here and most anyone that knows me personally would know that. Of course that can't be realized from threads on forums and I know that so I don't take much wrong on the internet.

Also I'd never "pay" for a dog. To me thats just crazy. Hell I might pay up to $25 for a really nice one, but my family has never paid for any of the animals we've had. We've even had a fully trained English Setter for use as a bird dog. Nice animal, but wow was it dumb. Birds was all it knew and it was great at that job. Don't take this wrong, but I was raised in farm country and consider animals very replaceable though missed when they die.

Evan

This is why people on the site feel you should not get a dog. The ones posting here treat their dogs like an extension of their family. You will treat it like an expendible pet that gets to spend the winter in a cold dog house. Your views on dogs are shared by a lot of people, but it appears this is a different type of audience here.

This is why people on the site feel you should not get a dog. The ones posting here treat their dogs like an extension of their family. You will treat it like an expendible pet that gets to spend the winter in a cold dog house. Your views on dogs are shared by a lot of people, but it appears this is a different type of audience here.

I agree with that. The part I hate is that I could go to prison or at least be put through the mill if I had a dog that was sick that I decided to "put down" the cheap way. That sort of elevation of an animals rights is something I really don't like being pushed my way. Recently a lot of people have been getting into this type of trouble in Delaware county. I'm sure some of them were truly being cruel to an animal (though I completely don't believe there can be animal cruelty), but the law is the law and the law should be obeyed.

Is there truly laws that would prevent me from shooting my sick dog if I had one? When and where I grew up that was completely normal. Shooting someone elses dog though would get you into trouble either by ass whooping or having the law called.

Back on topic though (sorry.) Do invisible fences work? I like smaller dogs like Beagles myself. There cute little guys. I used to have one that must have been mixed with a small pit of some type because he was built like a tank. He had this really annoying "Honk" sound he made instead of barking though so he got stuff thrown at him from the house in the middle of the night a lot.

Evan

Is there truly laws that would prevent me from shooting my sick dog if I had one?

Would you shoot your child/wife/parent if they came down with the flu? Yes there are laws. It's called animal cruelty. If you can't afford to have your dog properly taken care of, you shouldn't own one.

I don't think you should ever get a dog.

Animal cruelty would be cutting the dog until it finally died from blood loss. Or maybe starving it to death because you don't give a shit. Shooting will kill it within a few seconds maybe minutes if its a small gun.

I guess your saying a dog is = to a child. Some people think so, but they need to think harder.

Evan

Animal cruelty would be cutting the dog until it finally died from blood loss. Or maybe starving it to death because you don't give a shit. Shooting will kill it within a few seconds maybe minutes if its a small gun.

I guess your saying a dog is = to a child. Some people think so, but they need to think harder.

There is no reason to ever need to shoot a dog though. Being sick isn't a reason. Breaking a leg isn't a reason. When you take ownership of a dog you are responsible for it's well being, that means emotionally and physically. It's not much different than a child.

Evan

you are a piece of shit. I would wish that one day you walked on someones property and a dog ran out and crushed your windpipe

Evan

No its not a child, but it is a living and breathing animal. Just because it ranks further down the chain than a child doesnt mean that you have to kill it for being sick. There are plenty of shelters and people that can help if needed.

You're pretty twisted. Just because it isn't human, it's worth nothing? I hope a dog hurts you (unless you can "rip its guts through its mouth" with your ninja skills) badly. Animals may not be able to think on our level, but, that doesn't mean you can shoot them at will (yes I do disagree with hunting for sport, unless you plan to eat the animal).