fox body guys

Sturg1647545502

yea thats def. the plan. id like a rolling chassy. staying away from t-tops and convertables for a more stiff frame. there is a coricopia of 302's and 351's with the parts to boot.

try to find a stock one and mod it your self

check for rusty rear floor pans right behind the front seats esp on sunroof, t-top, vert cars

yea thats def. the plan. id like a rolling chassy. staying away from t-tops and convertables for a more stiff frame. there is a coricopia of 302's and 351's with the parts to boot.

Check out http://www.nmraracing.com forums, there is a classified section for cars. Buy someone elses roller and throw your engine in it.

Another good site for tech is http://www.hardcore50.com and http://www.turbomustangs.com

whatever you do stay away from the corral

whatever you do stay away from the corral

really? ive been off and on there all morning and am finding some usefull info.the sticky on "list your 3 biggest regrets/mods" has been seemingly interesting.(of course i have no other info to campare it to) http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=843771&page=1

learning about H/C/I (header cam intake), backpressure, scavenging, what the stock motors will take and what the trans will take, subframes, power pully complaints(which i dont even know how tah really effects the car.)

it seems that alot of people are replacing trans from teh foxbodies at 300-350hp.

alot of suspension complaints about lowering, ride comfort, streetabilit saying they should have just stay stock or have had to try 3-4 diff setups to got where they wanted.

#1 Complaint: Not having a plan before starting their mods. Resuling in alot of re-replaced parts, extra time and money re-upgrading when, in the begining, if they would have had a plan ,the could have just bought the proper part.

its been an educational morning. Im feeling good on info gathering SKILLZ!!!!!!!11!

is the swap from a 4cyl to a windsor as easy as a stock 302 to a windsor? what things do you need to change?

either way i am looking at a windsor. Who on here has or has had a one?

neg on the turbo for a number of reasons.. Id like to be NA in the high 300s low 400s hp&tq alike with some juice for the weekends. Reliabale(despite the yearning for a powerglide, a 5 speed is for me) Autocrossable. Flat black: a worker not a showgirl

ive never worked with a large engine...im thinking of picking one up and building/practicing before i even have a car?!? good idea or is that too many chances on an engine at once with no way to test it(ie a car)

as many have said check for rust in the rear floorpan/shock tower area. my capri was a blast until the floor ripped apart and the spring came through.. id love to have another fox body because of the light weight. anyway good luck with the mustangs and most older v8's are simple to work on

thanks for the 2nd heads up with das rust. The more and more i read about deez guys, the more i want one. I have run across some testaments about how this sucks and ill never do that again..but i dont know who these people are and more over how windows they lick on a daily basis. i cant wait.
as many have said check for rust in the rear floorpan/shock tower area. my capri was a blast until the floor ripped apart and the spring came through.. id love to have another fox body because of the light weight. anyway good luck with the mustangs and most older v8's are simple to work on

To be honest I usually tell people to avoid the fox. I love them personally, but I see so many with electrical problems and stuff its not even funny. If i was a new to mustangs I would go with a 99+ GT some with higher mileage are going for what a clean fox is going for.

How many people with foxes all their factory gauges work right?

To be honest I usually tell people to avoid the fox. I love them personally, but I see so many with electrical problems and stuff its not even funny. If i was a new to mustangs I would go with a 99+ GT some with higher mileage are going for what a clean fox is going for.

How many people with foxes all their factory gauges work right?

:D my capri was rusty as hell but the only wiring trouble i ever had was when i bought it, the reason the couldnt get a brand new motor to run was the selenoid was hooked up to the ground..wrong color battery cables caused it ...no gauge/interior lighting troubles