Budweiser (job)

Trjackson

I am trying to get into budweiser in columbus (shroek rd, you see the plant from 270). I just went to their website, i can't find anything. Anybody have any thoughts on how to apply online?

Any and all information about this plant and being a possible career change would be useful, please post.

Jackson

I did, I searched for about an hour, couldn't find anything. On that link you provided, it only displays salary jobs(that is my theory anyways). I am in search of the basic hourly position. Such as forklift operator, machine operator, basically, your average piss on me guy, haha.

Jackson

My dad has 30 years in at Metal Container "can factory" off of broad street in renoldsburg area. Sister plant to the brewery. It takes an act of god to get hired there and you need to have someone on the inside. Once people are there they dont leave until death or retirement.

Good luck

My dad has 30 years in at Metal Container "can factory" off of broad street in renoldsburg area. Sister plant to the brewery. It takes an act of god to get hired there and you need to have someone on the inside. Once people are there they dont leave until death or retirement.

Couldnt have said it better myself. No one ever leaves that place once they get in. They only die or retire. I worked with a guy during the week who was there part time, the way he explained it to me is IF your lucky enough to get your foot in the door your on some sort of 'rotating' weekend shift as a part time employee before your considered for full employment. If they call you to work at 6am saturday morning, your ass better be there. Then they can also call you to work 3rd shift Saturday night. You pretty much on call every weekend no matter what. The only stipulation is that they cant work you 2 shifts in a row, or is it 3? I dont remember. The benefit, even at PT he was making 24$/hour. It just sucks you have to stay in limbo that long until you can get a regular shift, but its worth it if you can get in.

Oh and there no bottom of the barrel jobs there. If you drive a forklift your probably still making alot.

At the can factory there schedule is done a year in advance. 4 crews, A,B,C, and D.

12hr shifts, 1 month of days, 1 month of nights, work 4 off 3, work 3 off 4. Good flip get off 7 days, bad flip is 7 days strait. After 8 hrs it is time and a half, and they are on break for a hour every two hours of work. 2 free cases of beer a month

Thanks for all the input. I mailed in a resume' years ago, they just said they were not hiring. Nevertheless, I am in a hurry and just did a brief scan through the classroom, I didn't see anything of the sorts. Got any idea of which new member it might be?

Jackson

Thanks for all the input. I mailed in a resume' years ago, they just said they were not hiring. Nevertheless, I am in a hurry and just did a brief scan through the classroom, I didn't see anything of the sorts. Got any idea of which new member it might be?

Jackson

this is the link to his classroom and his screen name is budweisr02

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43331

he said he works there so hopefulyl he can help you..goodluckman