Damn these 7.5 Liter BBF's

Benner

I've always had a thing for wanting a early to mid 90's f250 or f350 until yesterday. Lucky me got the task at Byers in Dublin to do an engine swap on a 97 F350. I thought it was going to be decently easy until I saw it was a 7.5 Liter 460 Big block. The truck is used for plowing snow so of course every single bolt is rusted from all the salt it's seen. In 2 days, I've got the engine out and just started swapping parts over to the new Jasper Rebuilt 7.5L. It Blows.

I never want to touch another Ford truck again.

Chevrolet Service hence why i asked why he didn't bring a Corvette to me.

no offence to you as you are highly talked about on and seem to be a good mech. here but i will never take any car to ricart Auto anything as long as i live, i used to work there in the service dept and the stuff they did was just horrid

things may have changed but thats how it used to be...

no offence to you as you are highly talked about on and seem to be a good mech. here but i will never take any car to ricart Auto anything as long as i live, i used to work there in the service dept and the stuff they did was just horrid

things may have changed but thats how it used to be...

i must have missed it then. i know in the past few years they have lost alot of techs and i have heard some storys as well.

so pull the head an fix it. its not that hard. Sounds like youve got half the manifold off anyway. :)

hehe I know that and we are quite capable of doing this- fortunately we do not need the truck on a daily basis (heavy equipment/cattle hauling) and it is WAY too cold to do that outside and the barns aren't warm enough either...