PC question..

88lx5oh

i just acquired another PC. nothing spectacular, just somethign for a spare and it has a decent video card with TV tuner built in. ATI All In Wonder 9600 Video Card w/ TV Tuner to be exact.

mainly gonna use it to stream movies and stuff, and use as a DVR

so anyway.. came with a 2.2 ghz celeron, anthony gave me the 2.6 pentium 4 with hyperthreading, and i coulnt get it to take on my other machine. well its i put it in the one i jsut got, but this is what shows when i do my computer, properties...

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/hoblick/mypc.jpg

so my question is.. is it running at 2.6 or 1.3??? and if at 1.3 how do i fix this problem

well with the other processor in it says 2.2 ghz and 2.2 ghz.. so id imagine that something needs done to make the 2.6 p4 work at full capcity.. so what do i do??

also i want to have both PCs linked together and sharing internet without using a router or switch. i have 2 ethernet cards in one and 1 in the other... how do i make it work???

Guest 00Smurf
well with the other processor in it says 2.2 ghz and 2.2 ghz.. so id imagine that something needs done to make the 2.6 p4 work at full capcity.. so what do i do??

also i want to have both PCs linked together and sharing internet without using a router or switch. i have 2 ethernet cards in one and 1 in the other... how do i make it work???

its called intel speed step. disable it in bios.

To set it to 'Best Performance', click on Start, Settings, Control Panel then System. Click on the Advanced tab and click on the Settings button in the Performance box. Make sure you're in the Visual Effects tab and select 'Adjust for best performance' and click on OK.

ummm I think its not what there saying. I think its wrong bus speed.

celerons almost always run higher mhz with lower buss speed.

If you up the bus speed to the proper bus speed for that chip it would solve your problem.

celeron 2.2ghz = 400mhz bus

Pentium 4 2.6ghz HT = 533mhz bus