Best gas (supplier)?

Science Abuse

Shell, Sunoco, or even Kroger. I have surprisingly had nothing but good luck with Kroger gas, and with the Kroger plus card I generally get at least 10 cents off a gallon. Has anyone here used Valero, or whatever its called? I heard they have 110, 100, 94, and 93. I could be wrong though.

I can find out Kroger's source by mid morning.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shell, Sunoco, or even Kroger. I have surprisingly had nothing but good luck with Kroger gas, and with the Kroger plus card I generally get at least 10 cents off a gallon. Has anyone here used Valero, or whatever its called? I heard they have 110, 100, 94, and 93. I could be wrong though.

Correct, Valero has 110 unleaded, 110 leaded, 100 unleaded and all the other regular octanes you can find at any gas station.

Nice edit. ;)

I still think people who use BP are retarded, and thats my opinion. I only edited my post because I wasn't trying to make anyone butt-hurt so don't take offense. I've seen first hand the outcomes of running BP through a car, and it's quite noticable as well when you're getting misfires and a shitty running car. Working as a service advisor at a dealership, we dealt with BP problems allllll the time.

Gas is gas. It's all the same shit different additives.

Octane of course is different, but it's all the same.

Andy I work in the same dealership you worked at and I've never seen a problem caused by gasoline. It's all the same shit.

BP has been sued for bad gas. They have had trouble for a long time.

Care to back this up with ANY form of proof?

EDIT - I had a full page typed out and Firefox crashed. :(

So, do you own research. I'll just say that yes, BP gas fucked up some cars. And no, it wasn't because it was bad gas.

Care to guess why it actually hurt a lot of car's fuel systems?

Hint, this has been covered a dozen times here.

So, do you own research. I'll just say that yes, BP gas fucked up some cars. And no, it wasn't because it was bad gas.

Ethanol based?

Andy I work in the same dealership you worked at and I've never seen a problem caused by gasoline. It's all the same shit.

It was very common we had customers come into the southeast location with misfire codes and whatnot. I would say 6 out of 10 times that we asked what kind of gasoline they regularly used, it was BP. The other 4 times it was either failure of the part or just bad gas in general.

I get better millage out of Shell 93, vs Sunocco 94 plus I save the .10 a Gallon. I also have a Shell card so I get a discount on shell gas when I use th card. I just pay the card off every 2 weeks.

BP has been sued for bad gas. They have had trouble for a long time. I haven't bought BP gas in years.

last time we put bp gas in one of our cars the head gaskets blew 20 miles later drivng down the road :mad:

You = Fuckin retard. All gas is not just gas!! Every different brand goes through different refining stages. Go do some research before you just slap your brain on ur keyboard again.

I heard from one of my old auto instructors that they disassembled an engine that used strictly bp gas and the pistons were not so pretty in comparison to one that did not use bp. just something to think about.

and what about dairy mart gas???? Mobile 1 is what they sell? is not Mobile 1 one of the top oil distributors or something?? we all know the oil is good.

I haven't heard anyone mention Giant Eagle yet. What do you guys think of that?

use giant eagle only when I have enough fuel perks saved, I got gas last thursday for 1.299 at giant eagle about 1.80 off a gallon, filled up the 04 Trail Blazer for 25bucks and the reciept said I saved over 34bucks a gallon

now in the DSM I will run Shell or Sunoco

Correct, Valero has 110 unleaded, 110 leaded, 100 unleaded and all the other regular octanes you can find at any gas station.

I still think people who use BP are retarded, and thats my opinion. I only edited my post because I wasn't trying to make anyone butt-hurt so don't take offense. I've seen first hand the outcomes of running BP through a car, and it's quite noticable as well when you're getting misfires and a shitty running car. Working as a service advisor at a dealership, we dealt with BP problems allllll the time.

That's odd. My mother has owned a CRV and a Civic for around 8-9 years and has put on near 150k miles combined on those. I'd say a majority of those miles were fueled by either UDF or BP gasoline, as she's always lived by them and rarely goes out of town. Also, I have always used their fuel for all 8 cars I've owned, ranging all of their octane offerings. Perhaps I'm just lucky, or maybe you're a fucking twat who beats off to this shit.

BP was sued by a company they had a contract with and the company had a "fleet" of ford cars that had to use BP gas. My father in law told me the story about 2 years ago, I don't remember the details. He is well connected with Ford, and is always informed about what is happening in the Auto industry.

You = Fuckin retard. All gas is not just gas!! Every different brand goes through different refining stages. Go do some research before you just slap your brain on ur keyboard again.

Apparently You = F'n tard. Verse is 100% right. The refining stages are all the same. Gas is formed after refining the oil and THEN the different companies add their own additives. The question is which company's additives are the best, if they perform different from one company to the next.

I have had no problems with kroger or giant eagle gas. But I believe Shell has the best additives.

I normally use Kroger gas because of the discount. My Cobra dyno'd 433/402 with Kroger 93 and nothing but a CAI and catback exhaust. I've been happy with it. :)

My wife has a BP gas card through her work. I've "heard" all sorts of bad things about BP, so I generally avoid it in my other cars, but her Rainier sees BP 87 all the time. So did the Mountaineer before that. No issues with any of them. :confused:

I was waiting for Vince to chime in on the BP haters... :cool:

I normally run Mobile 93 in the 540 unless I'm near a Sunoco. It has always ran perfect on it, and dyno'd 275rwhp and 307ftlbs.

The Cark see's Sunoco 94 or Shell 93. It has seen Mobile but only when I dont have enough gas to make it to Sunoco. Mobile is .5 miles from my driveway, Sunoco is 3.3 miles. Yes, it does matter sometimes ;)

-Marc