Best gas (supplier)?

Science Abuse

When you have 2 or 3 free days, we'll sit down and talk about how small, individually-owned stations have been treated, by BP and by others. It started going downhill well before 1994. Why did BP start appearing everywhere in the 90's?

BP actually owned large chunks of Standard Oil since the late 60's or 70's. In the early 90's, they started re-branding stations. Sohio here in Ohio. Boron in Penn and elsewhere. They later merged with Amoco. They also own ARCO. They didn't "buy up" the little guy or push them out in the mid-90's. They already owned most of the brands that were re-branded.

Also, it really doesn't matter if the station owners/managers want to respond to the electronic monitors or not. The alerts are sent out to "the man". Owners can't just ignore them.

It should also be stated somewhere in this thread that BP has always tested in the Top Tier class of fuels. Hell, it was officially recommened by Ford Motor Co. as of Mid-2005 (not that that means much, really.)

Edit: I do not work for BP and don't give a shit where anyone buys fuel. Whatever makes you and your cars happy.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get better millage out of Shell 93, vs Sunocco 94...I also have a Shell card so I get a discount on shell gas when I use th card.

I've seen the same thing, so I decided to get a shell card too.

I just pay the card off every 2 weeks.

Damn, I should think about doing that. I just pay mine off ever month and it might not sting as much some months if I did it ever 2 weeks. This month should be below normal but last two months were $330 and $450. :o Too much traveling.