any reefers need.....

AJ

I would like to point out that MegamanEXE reported this post and thinks it is stupid and needs deleted. :nono:

MegamanEXE has reported this post:

This is the reason that the user gave:

...please lock and delete this fucking thread....

absolutely ridiculous.

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont give a rats ass, this is the most misleading thread I have ever encountered. Got a problem, take it up with me in PM.

Nah better to own you in a public place

AJ Im not a fish tank wizard but would this work in fresh water aquarium at all. I got a giant oscar that is causing some algae problems that i cant seem to get rid of.

AJ Im not a fish tank wizard but would this work in fresh water aquarium at all. I got a giant oscar that is causing some algae problems that i cant seem to get rid of.

+1, I can't win the battle of algae in my 75 GAL freshwater either. :mad:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/4/41/200px-Dr.DreTheChronic.jpg

Approves of this misleading thread

lol

Mega, wtf is your problem? lol I think everyone was able to figure out just what the thread intended. It was just fun to come in and tease about it. What do you care? What are you 'dry'? Was it disappointing for you to find out it wasn't for 'reefer'? :D

BTW, this isn't in PM form because I do not have any problems. ;)

nope it won't work in a fresh water tank. and it won't get rid of algae because well.....it is algae. in a marine system it helps keep Nitrates and Nitrites in check. i have to cut it down every week or so because it grows so fast.

to help with your algae problems turn your lights off sooner, cutting the time in half to get it to go away helps alot. and do 20% water changes every week or 2 weeks to help get rid of waste in the water that the algae feeds off of.

What size tank are you using? What kind and size of filter do you have?

Best ways to cut down algae are like AJ said. Regulate the light time better w/ a timer or only leave it on for about 8 hour periods. Get a pleco, will help it a bit. Move it away from windows, if it's close to a window that can cause a problem. Overfilter the tank. I was having a problem with my 30G goldfish tank, I just put in an AC70 to go with my AC30 as the AC30 was getting plugged up to fast even though I cleaned it every Sunday.

Hope this info could help you.

i leave my lights on from about 8am to 11pm, i had to work up to that though. my 75g tank was easy to get up to being that long, but my 45g i had crazy hair algie problems thats taken a long time to get rid of.