2004 GTO LS1 Dyno Tune Results

DTM Brian

The customer brought me this car back in 0ctober of 07 to do a couple baseline pulls with a best of 301 RWHP.

He brought the car back today with gutted cats and a K&N Filter Intake System for a Dyno Tune and here are the results.

http://24.26.129.28:50001/Dyno%20Graphs%20and%20Pictures./Dyno%20Graphs/Dan%20N%20GTO%20DTM.jpg

Thank you Dan for the opportunity to tune your Car.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has the JBA off-road pipes and a K&N filter charger setup. Then Brian tuned it. I was very impressed with the outcome. Car belongs to a friend of mine. It definitely feels a lot quicker now. The old tune wasn't so good in the car and the new tune and parts helped it out a lot. I'd like to see how it runs at the track now. It doesn't have the heads on it either.

Thank you sir. How is Carls car coming along?

Like any 3800, keeping the jackstands busy :)

Hopefully, the car will be ready to break the 500whp mark with a larger turbine housing and factory cam on 112 oct. I think the LSA on the grind currently being used isn't a good match for the setup. I told Carl he owed me 120+ traps and we were able to do that in kill mode spinning the Nitto's until 100mph+ at the last Norwalk event, so all were excited the car had remotely stayed together.

The studs & lower back pressure should aid in eliminating the head lift issues, but I'm hoping to have a MAP sensor rigged up to the exhaust pre turbo to see what kind or pressure ratio we're hitting.

Nate

All I have to say is that Brian did an excellent job today and the look on the car owners face was priceless. He expected the car to pick up, but definitely not the way it did. Brian and I were looking at the dyno screen after each pull and each time we looked at the screen, then each other as if we couldn't believe that the car was still picking up power with each succesive tweak of the tune. You guys need to see the before graphs with the new graphs. It will make a customer out of anyone.

Was this car blue? And have diff rims on the front then on the rear? If so, I'm pretty sure I saw him filling up at a Sunoco near Georgesville road this afternoon. The car sounded great, very throaty idle...

Not the same car. This car has the stock wheels all the way around.

Like any 3800, keeping the jackstands busy :)

Hopefully, the car will be ready to break the 500whp mark with a larger turbine housing and factory cam on 112 oct. I think the LSA on the grind currently being used isn't a good match for the setup. I told Carl he owed me 120+ traps and we were able to do that in kill mode spinning the Nitto's until 100mph+ at the last Norwalk event, so all were excited the car had remotely stayed together.

The studs & lower back pressure should aid in eliminating the head lift issues, but I'm hoping to have a MAP sensor rigged up to the exhaust pre turbo to see what kind or pressure ratio we're hitting.

Nate

you know who else signs there posts...............marC

that is nice brian you should call the intake manufacturers and let them know that they didn't over inflate the hp numbers on their product this time