value of a gran national

yellowsnake

Nice! I regret not buying a nice 1987 one that I saw back in 1988 when I was in college. Had a price of $18k on it at a dealership in Newark. Prolly would have failed out of school having fun with it so it's all for the best I guess. That's how I live with it I suppose.

I could sell mine for around $13k to the right buyer if I wanted too, with a lot more miles on mine. Problem is I am not really interested in selling it, to get me serious about selling it I would probably want more than $13k.

And yes after having driven IROC's, Mustangs, DSM's, WRX's, LS1's (almost traded for a 2000 Formula) nothing, and I mean nothing compares to the way this car feels while driving it. It is a completely different experience, unlike anything else I have driven.

Legendary car.... Sounds like you can flip it for some good cash. No brainer. I would like to own one some day. Is it true all you need is bigger injectors, larger turbo, and a tune to make these things run 10's?

Injectors, Turbo, Tune, Fuel pump, Down pipe, slicks will get you nicely into the 11's, add some ported heads and you should be able to get 10's pretty easy. At least that is what I am hoping for with mine :)

11's are very easy for these cars, some have been there with the stock turbo although going to a bigger one is cheaper now than it was so it makes for sense to just change it out. 10's are a little harder but ported heads help out alot. My combo is set for mid 11's but injectors & chip, torque converter, and slightly bigger turbo and I could bust into the 10's very very easily.

11's are very easy for these cars, some have been there with the stock turbo although going to a bigger one is cheaper now than it was so it makes for sense to just change it out. 10's are a little harder but ported heads help out alot. My combo is set for mid 11's but injectors & chip, torque converter, and slightly bigger turbo and I could bust into the 10's very very easily.

what turbo are you running now? I need to get a new one and everyone on the buick boards is raving about the DBB 6776, problem is it is about $1300 new. :(

take it to arena...im sure they will be more than willing to give you some retarded, off the charts price for it. :jerkit:

according to them....they are worth somewhere in the mid $20k range??? thats what i saw them going for last time i looked anyways. but hey...i guess that could be fair?