Need some help on tires and wheels

Guest GMoney

Does anyone have a 9.5 wide wheel with a smaller width tire like 245/40 255/40 or 265/35 tire it That could come take a look at? I can look a pictures on the internet all day long but i have to see wheels and tires in person for some reason.

I bought a 9.5 wide wheel and can decide on which tires to buy. I know a 245 is gonna have a huge strech and i can't go larger than a 265 without major spacers and fender work. I am thinking 265 cause it will be straight up but wonder how a 255 streched will look.

Thanks in advance.

hmm what kind of car? some things you're going to have to consider is that every tire will look slightly different on the same wheel. you have some tires with stiffer sidewalls, others with rim guard that make it appear wider, the weight of the car will also affect how it looks. personally I'd fit the largest tire you could on the wheel, I had a 275-35-18 on my 18x9's but once again it all depends on the type of car

Thanks for the input guys. The 18x9.5 +34 is going on an evo. I know that with the 265/35-18 is gonna require lots of body work in the rear and possibly a spacer in the front. I think a 255/40 will only require a little rear work or just some camber currently im at 0 camber in the rear.

Tires are gonna be the Falken 615's

Thanks for the input guys. The 18x9.5 +34 is going on an evo. I know that with the 265/35-18 is gonna require lots of body work in the rear and possibly a spacer in the front. I think a 255/40 will only require a little rear work or just some camber currently im at 0 camber in the rear.

Tires are gonna be the Falken 615's

615's tend to have a pretty big section width, knowing this I'd do the 255's (maybe even the 245's) and not risk the 265....and get some negative camber in that darn thing!

Grant, I have a set of 235/40/17 615s on 7.5" wheels and they definately run big. If I recall correctly Derek refuses to actually take them back off of the rims. The tires could have easily been at home on a 8.5" wheel, so I'd imagine that 255s on 9.5s won't look too strange.

If you want, you can come look at my 235s, but I don't think it'll give you much closure

what brakes did you put on the car?

the picture looks good as long as you can get the travel you need.

you coming to the track this year? My budget is getting cut a bit short this year due to buying a new toy (i'm hopefully wrapping that up this coming weekend).

Stock brembos i will never change them.

What is your new toy? i am looking at F-250 crew cabs with the diesel at the moment, something used with 100k on the clock though.

yes 7.3's i might have to make a trip to Texas they are about 5k cheaper there.

I work on matts car almost everyday that im home, i will be tonight.

80 hour work weeks cut into the amount of time that i can spend on Matt's car.

Oil return lines and exhaust are the two last major hurdles, then it's home strech very minor things...