FS: '93 RX-7 Touring with built LS6

Rookie84

I got this car just a month ago, but there is an opportunity for another car that I can't pass up, so I'm trying to see if I can get a quick sale.

The title is clean, and carfax report doesn't show any accident histories. The chasis is very clean as it has been Texas car for most of its life. When it got to Virginia, it was only driven in nice weathers and spent a lot of its time sitting in a garage getting the swap done. There is no rust.

Overall, it is very nicely built, and there really is nothing wrong with the car. Factory gauges all work like they should. It doesn't have PS(looped lines) and AC is all hooked up except the lines. I'll give stock LSX lines for the new owner so you can just use the fitting off of them and have any AC shop build the lines, and then AC will work. Getting the AC lines made will cost you around $100~150. I also just bought a AC pressure switch adapter as well. PS line is loped, so if you ever want a PS, it shouldn't be hard to put on because it's not like this car got a manual rack. Dynotested.com even has PS lines to connect the GM PS pump to Mazda rack for $140 or so, so it doesn't require any fabrication if you go that route. Even without the PS, it really is not that hard to turn except when you're at dead stop, though. I might buy a complete PS setup from one of the members over at V8RX7forum.com, so if I do, I'll include it with the car. With it, getting the PS to work would be a simple bolt-on job. I'll post an update if I ever buy the PS setup.

This car started off as a 1993 touring model that was originally Montego Blue, but has had a full color change by a professional bodyshop to 2004 Corvette Medium Spiral Grey Metallic.

Interior:

Brand new black carpet and rear hatch carpet

Mazda RX7 R2 model suede black leather seats

4 point Sparco Harnesses

Black interior in great condition

Sunroof

Shaved rear wiper arm

Kenwood head unit

Optima Redtop relocated battery with a circuit breaker shutoff in the rear storage bins.

PLX Wideband O2 sensor and digital readout

Factory gauges all work

Engine:

LS6 Block with 40k original miles

New LS6 Heads with sodium filled exhaust valves

LS6 intake manifold

Diamond forged pistons

Je total seal rings

Balanced and blueprinted engine

GM MLS head gaskets

Thunder Racing T-Rex Camshaft

PRC dual valvesprings/titanium retainers

Texas Speed Chromoly pushrods

Comp lifters

Clevite coated cam/main/rod bearings

ARP 12 point head/main studs

ARP 2000 Rod bolts

Callies Compstar rods

New oil pressure and temp sensors

1 3/4" Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with V-bands

Hinson Supercars Deluxe mounting kit

Aluminum driveshaft

Custom Aluminum Radiator

Slim FAL Cooling Fan

Walbro 255lph high pressure fuel pump

Corvette fpr

Delphi 42# injectors

LS2 timing chain

New GM engine seals/gaskets

LS1 engine wiring

1999 LS1 Ecu

LS1 MAF sensor

Polyurethane filled motor mounts

ATP rubber intake elbows

Dual 3" pipes to single 4" pipe

Two 3" Magnaflow cats

Hooker Aerochamber 3.5" muffler

Magnaflow exhaust tip

K&N Cone Filter

3.5" Custom Air Intake Piping

HPTuners Pro engine management

Drivetrain:

T-56 6-Speed transmission

Spec stage 3+ Clutch

Spec billet flywheel

US Brake clutch master cylinder

Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Line

Heat Wrapped Clutch Line

SGI-5 Speedometer Correction

New LS6 slave cylinder

Steeda Tri-Ax Handle

03 Cobra shift knob

New GM Transmission Mount

Insulated transmission tunnel

Exterior:

New OEM Mazda Weather Stripping

New BFGoodrich G-force T/A tires

Slotted Brake rotors

Stainless Brake Lines

Rotary Extreme HID headlight conversion

99 spec tail lights

Full Color Change including door jambs, trunk, engine bay

Extras:

HP Tuners Pro CD

Sparco Harness

Black seatbelts

Footrest(this car didn't have one so I just bought it but didn't put it in yet)

Super Pro urathane bushing kit

LSX AC lines

AC pressure switch adapter

new passenger side window switch

Evo-R CF hood dampers

Power Steering pump, bracket, lines with flow adjust valve, Lingenfelter pulley, and belt(Basically complete bolt-on setup. I just got it this week so it's not on the car yet)

The car is built to rev to 7500+ rpm and the bottom end is proven to hold up to 800 or so hp. My plan was to run a 150hp wet shot of nitrous on the car eventually which would put the car around 600 rwhp which is enough to get the car into the 9's with traction given the cars 2700 lb curbweight. The car is fully street tuned and can be daily driven if you want. Judging by similar setups, this car should make over 430 rwhp with ease. The car has over $25,000 invested into the swap and the paint.

The car has 160k on the chasis, and only about 900 miles on the built motor.

The paint job was just recently done and it does not have any imperfections at all.

Now with imperfections. There is a dime sized chip on the black center peice that goes between the tail lights(replacement from Mazda is about $100). There is no cover on the driver's side door compartment, and the seatbelts are tan. I have black seatbelts and I'll include them with the car. I just couldn't put them in as it's way too cold these days. The fuel line could use some heat wrapping, as it is kinda close to the header. I was planning to get this done before spring comes, as it's cold these days and the heat shouldn't really be intense enough to do any damage. Also, passenger window switch is bad and new one is being shipped to me right now. Lastly, steering wheel is worn... I was planning to put in 99+ steering wheel as I'm not really fond of how the stock steering wheel looks.

The car is street tuned for now and could use a proper dyno tune. I was planning to swap the cam out for a smaller one for better daily drivability and then get a dyno tune. The car is running pretty darn well as it is right now. I just drove from Virginia to Ohio in it, and it ran beautifully all along. I'm confident that you won't have any mechanical problems with this car.

I had Chris look over the car for me. Hua told me about him and he was the first one to do this swap and design the subframe for it. Hinson took the his design and mass produced it. Anyway, he told me he couldn't really see anything wrong with the swap other than the fuel line and battery wire being too close to the header. The battery wire is heat wrapped so I don't think there will be any issues.

Pics taken by previous owner. Click on them for larger versions.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/thumbs/large/1045940_v5rac/rx7-3.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/thumbs/large/1045941_qarub/rx7.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/thumbs/large/1045942_ns29t/rx72.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/thumbs/large/1045943_0xjwq/a1.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/thumbs/large/1045944_uhhti/a2.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/thumbs/large/1045945_5fymm/a3-1.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/thumbs/large/1045946_fnenl/a5.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/thumbs/large/1045947_gyinf/a8.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/thumbs/large/1045948_svg7t/a9.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/thumbs/large/1045949_jbnms/a13.jpg

Price: $28,000 obo. I'm willing to deal as long as the car I want is available, so feel free to make an offer.

Feel free to call me at 571-236-3107. Test rides available to potential buyers. Test drives only available to those with cashier's check in hand.

Thanks for the complements. :) I'm still debating about whether to keep this or not... as it can be made into a monster daily driver with just a little bit of work. My plan was to get a smaller cam, get tuned, finish AC and PS, and put some TLC into it to bring it up to tip top condition as the interior is showing the age a little, although it is in nice condition for 15 year old car. As of now, I really can't stand that Trex cam so I don't drive this car around much unless I have to. I have a low tolerance when it comes to noises and street drivability.

JP, the title is still under previous owner's name since I didn't have time to stop by BMV right after I got back from Virginia, got lazy for a while, and then put my car on the market so I didn't feel the need to pay the tax and registration for the car that I'd be selling. The buyer section is left blank for me to fill in so there shouldn't be an issue as the new owner can just fill in his info in there.

kirk, I'll think about it... right. haha.

Thanks, James.

Update: Just bought a complete power steering setup that was taken off from another LSX FD. It will be a simple bolt-on job to make the PS work with the parts that I just bought. I bought it because I don't know if I'll keep the car or sell it, as I'll probably take this off the market if the car I want is sold. I'll throw it in with the car... it might even be on the car and operational in a couple weeks.

i'm serious^^ the wife is not letting me buy another car until i start my job in wisconsin (aug, '08). once i do, i will be buying one or two of the following--modded vette, GCSRT8, LS1/2 RX7. i realize if you're going to sell, then you're going to sell and not wait, but it sounds like you're on the fence. if you keep it, and correct the minor imperfections, you will have a buyer in the summer of '09.

Thanks for the offer but I can't wait that long... and if I do correct the imperfections and tame it down to my likings, there is no reason for me to sell it. :) The only reason I put this car on the market is that there is an opportunity for another car that I can't pass up. I'll most likely keep this car if that car gets sold.

• 2 weeks later...