Disgusting 10tv video about the crash

SLOWLX

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure I see how they mis-reported or were being assholes. fact is he had a GTO that was modified and based on what we know so far he lost control....be that from racing or alcohol, they are stating police have yet to report the findings.

not sure I see how they mis-reported or were being assholes. fact is he had a GTO that was modified and based on what we know so far he lost control....be that from racing or alcohol, they are stating police have yet to report the findings.

This is not what everybody is upset about.

I just watched a new one on 10tv that showed the columbusracing.com main page and showed his name and then showed a blue gto doing a burnout it said his screen name then talked to a police captain about how nitrous is steroids for motors. its horrible. these news stations reports are just getting worse and worse.

that vid doesn't work for me either, however that vid has been there since 10am. The one at 5 and 6 pm was much worse. They showed a Columbus racing vid on streetfire. A poor quality one at that. They also said our races reach speeds of 150-200 mph.

Although the police sgt stated that members go out between 1 and 4 am and race on the street. If anyone street races this summer and gets caught, don't bother posting here for sympathy. We are trying to set up track days, pay the fucking money and do it at these events.

okay, so based on what Nino and Space posted above, I still don't see where they are too far off. Afterall, who here hasn't street raced? Maybe not necessarily in a full organized street fashion but many do race and there are organized events. Speeds have and do go pretty high, into the 140+ range....and there are plenty of burnout related items here....and while I'm not the late night owl, the times are prolly pretty close in many cases too.

maybe they took some liberty at showing a blue GTO and then his name, but still, it's not like the essence was way off. perhaps I'm less put off by their report as I don't take what I see on the news as pure fact. It's almost always embellished or bent in some fashion.

all in all, I'm just trying to make for some discussion, not slam him or anyone else here, but I also don't think there are grounds to really bitch about things or for anyone to try and split hairs over the above details as we all know what goes on. in this exact instance, the police findings have yet to be released.

My big beef is that news stations will rarely follow up with them....especially if in this case, where he may just simply have lost control and did nothing wrong. IMO, they prolly won't release that finding.

This is not what everybody is upset about.

Wow, Media will allways make US. People with an expensive hobby, out to be the bad guys. They based their entire investigation off of if he was using his nitrous or not. When in reality something happened and he wasnt able to control his vehicle. Its a very sad story, and its also sad how they are portraying the entire insident. My prayers go out to his family and friends! But as far as the media goes, Its business. They prolly called JEGS and some ma and pa muffler shop. Fuck the Media!

My return email: From Lee R.

Kris-

I'm sorry you feel that way, but 10TV felt it was important to all drivers to say what police believe happened...A young woman lies in a coma in the hospital because police believe a man felt it was okay to race down Columbus' interstates...In addition, the driver in question had nine previous driving violations, which included high speeds and drinking. Regardless, I want to emphasize our thoughts and prayers are with those close to both Mr. Staton and the young woman who was critically injured.

Lee

The guy from 10 T.v. just called me and wanted to know if you guys wanted to talk about george and his situation and how they are portraying him. I put in a complaint about there station and they want to interview someone. Does anybody wanna put an attempt to clear this? I know you have a 50/50 chance! I have his name and number if anybody is interested!

WOW....here's everyone's chance to speak up. I would say it likely should be the CR spokesman/owners with perhaps consideration from the family first. Just my thoughts.

The guy from 10 T.v. just called me and wanted to know if you guys wanted to talk about george and his situation and how they are portraying him. I put in a complaint about there station and they want to interview someone. Does anybody wanna put an attempt to clear this? I know you have a 50/50 chance! I have his name and number if anybody is interested!

I would say Anthony or Glenn.