Craigslist and the accident

clk1

I dont know how many of you go on Craigslist, but i was looking threw the rant and rave section and there are a bunch of people on there that are talking about the accident to. Its just sad to see people talk and act this way when a life is taken away from us. But yet there are killers everyday killing people and no one ever talks about that. People want to put the finger at us so bad, but yet, everything else that is wrong in this country gets pushed under the carpet. I am really pissed of at just how low people can be when they write shit that they know nothing about. Sorry i just had to get that off my chest.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the problem is what I've written 100 times before. The media basically runs this country and will continue to do so. They are only going to report what people want to hear and people want to hear drama. The more drama they can report, the more ratings. The fact of the matter is that if you compare the number of accidents caused by drag racing vs cell phone drivers, I bet there are MANY MANY more accidents caused by people using their cell phones. Yet you never hear about it on the news because it happens everyday. And I mean, if there are 100,000 people talking on their phone or 100,000 doing a 10 second race, there will be more accidents from the ones talking on their phone. Given the time/circumstances when both are happening most often.

Then lets be honest here. What do you consider more dangerous to people around you.. Talking on your cell phone as your driving through rush hour traffic or drag racing on a road with little to no traffic. I can say when I talk on my cell phone, I can't recall anything that happened while I was driving when I'm done with the phone call. Can't recall stop signs, red/green lights, the roundabout I just went through.... none of it. When I've street raced, I can remember every tiny detail. But the big bad guy racing makes news, and people that like the drama will jump on the chance to point their fingers and say how dangerous it is. Yet every single one of them has made a mistake at one point in time, that given the right circumstance could have been deadly.

Well the problem is what I've written 100 times before. The media basically runs this country and will continue to do so. They are only going to report what people want to hear and people want to hear drama. The more drama they can report, the more ratings. The fact of the matter is that if you compare the number of accidents caused by drag racing vs cell phone drivers, I bet there are MANY MANY more accidents caused by people using their cell phones. Yet you never hear about it on the news because it happens everyday. And I mean, if there are 100,000 people talking on their phone or 100,000 doing a 10 second race, there will be more accidents from the ones talking on their phone. Given the time/circumstances when both are happening most often.

Then lets be honest here. What do you consider more dangerous to people around you.. Talking on your cell phone as your driving through rush hour traffic or drag racing on a road with little to no traffic. I can say when I talk on my cell phone, I can't recall anything that happened while I was driving when I'm done with the phone call. Can't recall stop signs, red/green lights, the roundabout I just went through.... none of it. When I've street raced, I can remember every tiny detail. But the big bad guy racing makes news, and people that like the drama will jump on the chance to point their fingers and say how dangerous it is. Yet every single one of them has made a mistake at one point in time, that given the right circumstance could have been deadly.

Well, talking on a cell phone is being outlawed all over the country. In Detoit and surrounding counties it's about a $125 fine, and it is being enforced.

Street racing is illegal too, it carries a much larger fine, impound of your car, loss of license, and the police will enforce this as well.

If you're talking on a cell phone and have an accident it's usually a minor to medium fender bender that's rarely fatal.

Street racing is high speed and accidents frequently result in fatalities, especially when they're more than a 1 car accident.

So no, I'm not buying your "cell phones are worse than street racing" argument. Racing is high speed and when you;re pushing a car to the limits you're counting on everything working perfectly, and that's just at the track. When you do it on the street you add in a ton more variables that are impossible to control, and the speed differential between the racers and other traffic is what makes it deadly.

i dont know all the details of everything but being on this forum and talking to who i can about this that is closer to it than i am. its easy to see how stuff can get so twisted around. also people just dont understand that a man lost his life and that since he is gone dont mean that nobody is there to take his side. every person that posted something ingnorant and hurtful on these so called "rants" dont understand that he left behind a family, a wife, children, father, mother, the list goes on. these are the people being hurt now and its unfair. my thoughts and prays go out to them. and for the people ranting about the situating not pertaining to them shame!

Well, talking on a cell phone is being outlawed all over the country. In Detoit and surrounding counties it's about a $125 fine, and it is being enforced.

Street racing is illegal too, it carries a much larger fine, impound of your car, loss of license, and the police will enforce this as well.

If you're talking on a cell phone and have an accident it's usually a minor to medium fender bender that's rarely fatal.

Street racing is high speed and accidents frequently result in fatalities, especially when they're more than a 1 car accident.

So no, I'm not buying your "cell phones are worse than street racing" argument. Racing is high speed and when you;re pushing a car to the limits you're counting on everything working perfectly, and that's just at the track. When you do it on the street you add in a ton more variables that are impossible to control, and the speed differential between the racers and other traffic is what makes it deadly.

I'm not saying street racing is right. I'm merely stating that there are plenty of things that are dangerous and cause accidents and don't get the coverage of this.

wow this is very fucking hard to read

http://columbus.craigslist.org/rnr/553871033.html

This is very sad. I wish there was something we could do for her as well. I know we want to keep to our own, but this is equally bad for her. Even if she doesn't die, this accident will haunt her forever.