Overdue introduction 56k beware

TheCarGuy2021

With upgraded valvetrain (titanium retainers, springs), I regularly hear of n/a F20Cs spinning freely up to ~10,000RPM. Lots of F/I guys go to ~9,500 with no power drop off, it's mostly in the tune though. I'm sticking to the factory 9,000 as I haven't upgraded my valvetrain and I don't want to crack a retainer and drop a valve.

Nice. :cool:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice ride! Finally we see some good import work vs just some wheels and intake and a spoiler with weird paint that makes me puke.

I wish I didn't have the carbon fiber trunk, I'd like to keep it sleeper like. The reason I have the trunk is because my OEM lid was vandalized and a CF one was cheaper than fixing the OEM one or replacing it. The only rims I would consider would be some Volks or SSR SP1's.

I wish I didn't have the carbon fiber trunk, I'd like to keep it sleeper like. The reason I have the trunk is because my OEM lid was vandalized and a CF one was cheaper than fixing the OEM one or replacing it. The only rims I would consider would be some Volks or SSR SP1's.

What kinda rim/tire size can you stuff onto an S2K?

What kinda rim/tire size can you stuff onto an S2K?

A 9 inch rim with a 255 width tire and a +63 offset will fit with rolled/trimmed quarter panels in the rear. Unfortunately, that's about as big as you can go for a street driven car. Aftermarket rim/tire setups are pretty limited on this car.

A 9 inch rim with a 255 width tire and a +63 offset will fit with rolled/trimmed quarter panels in the rear. Unfortunately, that's about as big as you can go for a street driven car. Aftermarket rim/tire setups are pretty limited on this car.

+63? thats fwd offset, if your worried about rolled and trimmed rear panels you would be in +25 and less , and depending on tire set up.

The offset is the distance from the wheel centerline (midway between the front and back of the wheel) to the mounting face of the wheel that contacts the hub of the vehicle. The S2000 requires high positive offsets. A positive offsets indicates that the mounting surface of the wheel is closer to the front of the wheel than the back. In other words, I can't have a nice looking lip.

OEM specs:

Front:

16" x 6.5", +55 offset, 205 tire

Rear:

16" x 7.5", +65 offset, 225 (245 in anything except the Bridgestone S02) tire

A "general" guideline for this car:

Front:

6.5” to 7.5” wide wheel: 205 tires: +43 offset minimum

7.0” to 8.0” wide wheel: 215 tires: +48 offset minimum

7.0” to 8.0” wide wheel: 225 tires: +53 offset minimum

7.5” to 8.5” wide wheel: 235 tires: +58 offset minimum

7.5” to 8.5” wide wheel: 245 tires: +63 offset minimum

Rear:

7.5” to 8.5” wide wheel: 235 tires: +40 offset minimum

7.5” to 9.0” wide wheel: 245 tires: +45 offset minimum

8.0” to 9.5” wide wheel: 255 tires: +50 offset minimum

8.5” to 9.5” wide wheel: 265 tires: +55 offset minimum

9.0” to 10.0” wide wheel: 275 tires: +60 offset minimum

9.0” to 10.0” wide wheel: 285 tires: +65 offset minimum

A 255 width tire in the rear would probably fit without any rolling or cutting of the quarter panel.

The offset is the distance from the wheel centerline (midway between the front and back of the wheel) to the mounting face of the wheel that contacts the hub of the vehicle. The S2000 requires high positive offsets. A positive offsets indicates that the mounting surface of the wheel is closer to the front of the wheel than the back. In other words, I can't have a nice looking lip.

OEM specs:

Front:

16" x 6.5", +55 offset, 205 tire

Rear:

16" x 7.5", +65 offset, 225 (245 in anything except the Bridgestone S02) tire

A "general" guideline for this car:

Front:

6.5” to 7.5” wide wheel: 205 tires: +43 offset minimum

7.0” to 8.0” wide wheel: 215 tires: +48 offset minimum

7.0” to 8.0” wide wheel: 225 tires: +53 offset minimum

7.5” to 8.5” wide wheel: 235 tires: +58 offset minimum

7.5” to 8.5” wide wheel: 245 tires: +63 offset minimum

Rear:

7.5” to 8.5” wide wheel: 235 tires: +40 offset minimum

7.5” to 9.0” wide wheel: 245 tires: +45 offset minimum

8.0” to 9.5” wide wheel: 255 tires: +50 offset minimum

8.5” to 9.5” wide wheel: 265 tires: +55 offset minimum

9.0” to 10.0” wide wheel: 275 tires: +60 offset minimum

9.0” to 10.0” wide wheel: 285 tires: +65 offset minimum

A 255 width tire in the rear would probably fit without any rolling or cutting of the quarter panel.

yes i know what offset is, guess im just use to 240sx agressive sizes.

No offense intended, I'm just used to talking to a bunch of kids on my local forum. :rolleyes:

oh I know how that is, anyways its good to see finally some good import builder/tuner/ import guys in general, most the import scene around here sucks , either the cars or the people in general. Most the people anymore seem to be the biggest bullshitters about there cars, anyways thanks for givign imports some cred.

Wow I was checking out the videos on youtube and such, is that heads up display /digital cluster stock oem? if so that thing fucking rocks.

All S2k's have a digital dash, its stock.

Ive never seen an S2 with analog gauges.