brake issues

blue98ls1

I just bought a Subaru XT6, it has a brake problem that I need to get fixed so I can see what else it might need, and so I can take it to get inspected so I can get the title transfered. :rolleyes: (Its from out of state)

Anyways, brake pedal goes all the way to the floor. I was told it has a rusty brake line. But I don't think its a brake line issue, because the brake fluid reservoir is full. I haven't pulled the wheels off of it yet to check the pads/rotors and so on, but to me it sounds more like a master cylinder issue than a brake line issue.

What do you guys think?

Does it get hard if you pump the pedal rapidly? If it is a line, after pumping you should develop a puddle under the leak. A leaky wheel cylinder/caliper would drip over the inside edge of the rim/tire. If the pedal gets hard when you pump it then I would suspect a master cylinder. Other then that the only options are a hose that is swelling when you apply the pedal or air in the lines. Hope this helps.