Picked up a new toy

Smokey

no motor mods planned other than having the Rx7 Store re-tune it since i'm not the most trusting of the tune the previous owner put on it. I have a dyno for it with 300whp on a Mustang dyno, which is more than enough for what I'll do with the car, i'm just more concerned about it taking 20-30 minutes of straight abuse on the track.

no motor mods planned other than having the Rx7 Store re-tune it since i'm not the most trusting of the tune the previous owner put on it. I have a dyno for it with 300whp on a Mustang dyno, which is more than enough for what I'll do with the car, i'm just more concerned about it taking 20-30 minutes of straight abuse on the track.

Upgraded radiator and dual oil coolers are your friend on the track.

Upgraded radiator and dual oil coolers are your friend on the track.

already taken care of my friend :D Fluidyne and crooked willow kit.

the previous owner actually used it as a track car, but I'd rather be safe than sorry as far as the tune goes.

already taken care of my friend :D Fluidyne and crooked willow kit.

the previous owner actually used it as a track car, but I'd rather be safe than sorry as far as the tune goes.

Cool. I/RX7Store installed Carl's crooked willow kit and they have worked great for him.

BTW. Lose the stock fogs. They are worthless and block significant airflow to the radiator/Intercooler.

Even though you may not like the hood, vented hoods are imperative on stock twin FDs. Underhood temps are insane.

yeah, the fogs are on my list with painting the R1 lip black again, but thanks for the heads up.

I didn't even buy the stock hood with the car because i knew that as soon as I put it on, I'd just realize that I needed the vented one....I'm hoping it'll grow on me I guess. I may have liked it better without the hood pins, but once again, necessary evil