I never get a big tax return!

Putty

Everytime I get a new job I will put atleast a thirty dollar withhold on my check so I get a fat return, it's just a way of saving the money and getting a nice spring present each year. I'm getting about 600 dollars not including the fact my broke college ass hit the poverty level bonus too :)

Just think what that $30 would do if it went into a high yield 401K. Or even a CD.

Those that ask the IRS to keep the extra money per pay period, are basically taking out a no interest loan. Why not just put that money into your 401k, take out a 401K loan, then pay YOURSELF back the interest. If your company matches, you make double.

LMAO @ the people getting large returns. :lol:

Don't give the government anymore money than you already have to. Adjust your withholdings so you don't get such a large return. Get more money, invest more money, make more money. It's just that simple. :)

That being said the wife and I owe about $250 this year. Bingo! :cool:

I'm getting a huge return this year because I got married and built a house. I didn't change my with holdings till I filed, but have changed them for this tax year.

The one thing that pissed me off, was my wifes income bumped us to the next tax bracket. Her ~$1000 that bumped us over the gross income limit, cost me ~$1300 less coming back to me. Thanks Uncle Sam, ya slighted fuck.

I suggest a money market account from Capital One. Same APR if not more that you would get from a CD. Plus you can take money out whenever you need it.

I make so much interest a year from my MMA that I claim it on my taxes. ^_^

Don't bank on getting back a lot on your mortgage. I only got back $70 from the interest I paid. Even still I have to pay this year.

Way to bring me down!

I suggest a money market account from Capital One. Same APR if not more that you would get from a CD. Plus you can take money out whenever you need it.

I make so much interest a year from my MMA that I claim it on my taxes. ^_^

I'll look into this.

Which isn't a lot is it? Hell, if your bank account makes more than $10 a year in interest you have to claim it.

I make like $2.15 a month and have less then 700$ in my savings account. If I was able to save more money I would have a crap load of interest. :D

LMAO @ the people getting large returns. :lol:

Don't give the government anymore money than you already have to. Adjust your withholdings so you don't get such a large return. Get more money, invest more money, make more money. It's just that simple. :)

That being said the wife and I owe about $250 this year. Bingo! :cool:

Proper tax planning should = $0 owed and return <$100 (that is working a regular W2 job)

Of course that is just always what we said when I worked in advising and tax preperation.

Tax credits are the best thing for getting money back. If you claim a credit, it doesn't tech. affect your AGI but it credits your taxes paid.

So $0 owed $0 return, $1000 tuition credit.... bam $1000 return...