OSU Campus Housing

Patrick

Ok, so half the websites I've looked at suck (OSU's off campus housing site specifically) and can't find crap. I want to move out and find somewhere on campus.

I'm looking for:

A house. Not a double.

Rent, somewhere between 500-1100 a month.

4 bedrooms at least.

Does anyone know of anything or where to look online. Also, any tips on doing this?

i wouldnt rent from buckeye again if my life depended on it. they were possibly THE shittiest landlords ive ever had. they pretty much refused to fix ANYTHING the whole time i lived there. we ended up having to put our rent into escrow, which made them shit a fucking brick and threaten us with lawsuits.

check out this link for some places for rent on campus.

http://metro-rentals.com/OSUCampusArea.htm

also check out the lantern

http://www.thelantern.com/classifieds/

drive up and down the streets around here and you get tons of phone #'s

and tons of offices around

Walk in, talk to the people....spend a few days looking at joints

That's what I did...and ended up where i am

$1100 for a 4-bedroom joint is going to get you a pretty shitty place.

As in...dog shit on the floor when you walk in to look at it....and the longer you wait, the shittier the ones that remain...

I'm in a nice 3-bedroom place that's part of a double and it goes for $1300 (very nice place)

Eh. It's somewhere to sleep that's not at home. As long as it isn't a health risk (mold, floors about to collapse) we'll look at anything. Just a place to crash and hang out and get a little experience living on my own, take some responsibility. Either I'm moving out or transferring to another college. CSCC just ain't cutting it for me.

You'll want to get on that as soon as possible' date=' renters have already started collecting leases for places for next year. I'm sure there are plenty left, but it gets really tough if you wait till summer to try and find a close enough place.[/quote']

Yeah, I've been looking since the fall. But now it is going to happen so I'm a little more serious. It won't be anything special, because I expect people will be over a lot. It seems like there are plenty left ATM.

4 bedroom for 500 to 1100? doesn't sound real realistic to me, especially on campus let alone any place else

I've got a 4 bedroom place (apartment though) for $1140 per month next year, right on High street. It's possible to find them, especially if you go south of campus on 8th or 9th street. Right now I'm in an 8 person that's 3600 a month, worst decision I ever made.

i wouldnt rent from buckeye again if my life depended on it. they were possibly THE shittiest landlords ive ever had. they pretty much refused to fix ANYTHING the whole time i lived there. we ended up having to put our rent into escrow, which made them shit a fucking brick and threaten us with lawsuits.

check out this link for some places for rent on campus.

http://metro-rentals.com/OSUCampusArea.htm

also check out the lantern

http://www.thelantern.com/classifieds/

What happened when they threatened lawsuit after you put the rent in escrow? If a landlord contacts you while your rent is in escrow about anything other than the repairs they need to do, they are in a direct violation of a court order