3.0 Duratec Firing order?

Science Abuse

Guest Removed

standing facing the engine in front of the car!

it is the front bank!(your lucky)

and its the one on the far left!

if i remember right, the trans is on the driver side. so its the one closest to the drive belt on the front bank

Guest Removed
yep he's right, they're good for coils dying, take cyl 4 swap it with 5 and see if the misfire follows.

remember on a 04 he will have to clear the codes and memory before it fires that coil again

Guest Removed
nah you don't need to clear the codes it will just add a cyl 5 misfire to the history if you don't clear it out

its just like the ford system dave. ford see's a missfire its shuts off the coil and injector for that cylinder.

Guest Removed
AZ diag it was. Resetting the ECU entails disconnecting the battery? Popping the fuse actually requires more tool.

maybe. i never have any luck doing that on obd2 cars. even with touching it to the other terminal to discharge the capacitors in the ecu. but you never know you might get lucky!

Wellsir, That was it. I unplugged said coil and the crap idle didn't changed. I also noticed the faintest of cracks on top of the coil.

So, I need one of those and I need the codes cleared.

BTW: this engine actually has belts on both sides, thought he main accessory drive belt is on the passenger side.

95-00 contours

01-08 taurus

01+ escape and mazda tribute

mazda 6

2.5 and 3.0 dohc duratec motors ran the wp off the camshaft, cleared up about 4 extra coolant hoses, trust me i just got done putting together this 98 taurus and theres hoses everywhere.

Wellsir, That was it. I unplugged said coil and the crap idle didn't changed. I also noticed the faintest of cracks on top of the coil.

So, I need one of those and I need the codes cleared.

BTW: this engine actually has belts on both sides, thought he main accessory drive belt is on the passenger side.

put a coil in it and then take it to autozone and have them reset codes or drive up here and I can do it