X360

Sturg1647545502

my brother has had his 360 for a couple years and just the other day it stoped working and the red ring of death came up. it dosent woek at all.

sending it back is seems out of the questions, is there a way to fix this himself or does anyone on here fixthis stuff on the side?

my brother has had his 360 for a couple years and just the other day it stoped working and the red ring of death came up. it dosent woek at all.

sending it back is seems out of the questions, is there a way to fix this himself or does anyone on here fixthis stuff on the side?

There is only a temporary fix that doesnt always work called "The Towel Trick". Now this is going to sound like I am shitting you, but I really am not. Take off the hard drive, disconnect the video cable, and leave the power connected. Wrap the 360 in several towels. Turn the system on, and let it cook for half an hour. Reattach everything and see if it worked.

Again, this is only a temporary fix, the system has to be sent in for proper repair.

if you can't send it in... there are a few fixes.. getting a new x clamp and install it.. thermal paste on processor.. and spacers to keep pressure on the mem chips... but modifying thbe case with pc fans will help it cool better. the towel trick is junk don't do it

if you can't send it in... there are a few fixes.. getting a new x clamp and install it.. thermal paste on processor.. and spacers to keep pressure on the mem chips... but modifying thbe case with pc fans will help it cool better. the towel trick is junk don't do it

Bullshit its junk.

yea, the more i look around the more i think theyll repair it. 1800 4xbox360 im on the phone with them now

I thought you could send it in no matter how long you had it if the red ring of death appeared. I would call to find out.

from whaet ive read its a sodering defect. so the heat should so some re-sodering. ive heard this from another guy i contacted about this. ill let you know how it works in 30min.
Until then, though, if you want to play it, use the towel trick.

from whaet ive read its a sodering defect. so the heat should so some re-sodering. ive heard this from another guy i contacted about this. ill let you know how it works in 30min.

I would strongly suggest against this. If the soldering works...great. If not I am positive that Microsoft will tell you go pound sand because you attempted to repair it yourself.

wrapping blankets around the consol dosent void any warrenty. as long as i dont crack open the xbox im good to go. ps the quick fix only lasted for 20min for me

same here when i did it.

like i said its junk.. the towel trick is shit.

just send it back and have them fix it.. then when you get it back you can wait for it to fuck up again and repeat the process.

seriously it will happen again.

when the refurb them, all they do is put another heatsink in it to help with cooling. obviously they fix the solder, but the heatsink isnt enough to keep it cool, it will overheat again.. and it will melt the solder, it will seperate cause the xclamp isnt strong enough to hold it in place. and the mem chips dont have enough pressure on them to keep from seperating under heat either.

im in the works right now of building a fiberglass stand with 6 80mm pc fans that a 360 can sit on to help with cooling.

it will have its own power supply, and a space for the power brick to sit on as well, since there is alot of complaints about the power supply brick getting overheated as well.

hopefully this will help with cooling enough to avoid disaster again.

i know i know there are cooler kits for them already. but word is they are junk, and some have experinced worse heating issues even to the point where the cooler will melt with the 360.

ill post a pic of what i have in mind.

i thought i just read a thing that M$ lost a class action suit and had to extend the time that they will accept bronken xboxes to like 5 years or some shit?

also, i read if they ask if youve ever used a fan attachment, to say no, because if you say yes they will try to void your warranty.