he said he would never sell it

Guest agtw31

my cousin lives out in the sticks near Mount Gilead,and his son bought this mach 1 in 1973 off a car lot on morse rd.

it's a R code 1970 428 CJ 4 speed mach 1 with a 354 locker rear,shaker hood,rear slats,and front and rear spoiler.

the original engine is laying in another shed,and he has a 390 in it now.

the car hasnt moved since 1979,when he put it up on the jackstands in his garage.

ive had the car sold 4 times,and every time right at the last minute,he changes his mind,becasue he thinks he's being screwed on the price.

now it just has a bunch of junk on it,the rubber mat has melted to the body,its been sitting on it so long.

what a waste. :(

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b189/andytantes/W31043.jpg

i had it sold last summer for 12k to a guy in elmhurst,illinois,and he backed out of the deal.

his attitude is that if he sold the car,he would have the money for a while,then after a while he wouldnt have any money,and no car.

weird,but he's old school.

why?

Like most mustangs, I bet it got the shit beat out of it during it's life. My cousin's GT500 has a competition 428 at the moment, and the original #'s matching 428 sitting on an engine stand. I hate when people sit on cars they'll never restore, or give 2 shits about, and let them rott in a barn. You don't drive it, sell the damn thing to someone who will.

Like most mustangs, I bet it got the shit beat out of it during it's life. My cousin's GT500 has a competition 428 at the moment, and the original #'s matching 428 sitting on an engine stand. I hate when people sit on cars they'll never restore, or give 2 shits about, and let them rott in a barn. You don't drive it, sell the damn thing to someone who will.

+100

That's sad. My brother would have shit himself if he had come across that car. When I get more money and start buying newer cars I'm vacuum sealing the mustang in one of those car tents I saw at the good guys show. That shit was neat.

i had it sold last summer for 12k to a guy in elmhurst,illinois,and he backed out of the deal.

his attitude is that if he sold the car,he would have the money for a while,then after a while he wouldnt have any money,and no car.

weird,but he's old school.

What.... the fuck?

That's not old school thats just a rediculous way of looking at it. Say he sells it for 13K, he now has 13k more than he did before when all he had was a pile of shit acting as a table in his garage. He can then go out and buy whatever kind of muscle car and ACTUALLY DRIVE IT! Correct me if im wrong but you can buy a newer mustang and have some left over with 13k correct? Weird.

Like most mustangs, I bet it got the shit beat out of it during it's life.

it was beaten severely in the 70's.

the short block is trashed,i believe his son spun a couple bearings,at least.

the heads were actually used on a sportsman car that was run at CMS back in the late 70's.