AMC Returns?

XChris1632X

I just got word that AMC was making a comeback. I guess it is in the new Hot Rod magazine. Wondering if anyone has read this and can add any more info. I have also been looking for pictures but I havent come up with any. From what I was told the magazine had pictures of a new Javelin, Gremlin, AMX, Pacer, and a few more.

AMC = American Made Crap

The cars were crap for the most part and being built at the wrong time. Bad milage, bad build quality; they were getting beat out and going under. Still, it would be cool if they brought them all back. There were some great ideas there and there were a couple that are classics anyway.

indulge me, why did amc go out of business in the first place?

Jackson

One quick answer would be Renault...

They went out of business on there own,....they were owned by 52% Renault(big mistake and that happen sometime in the mid 70s) and the rest by AMC share holders.....AMC share holders and other investors were going to buy out Renault's share in 1987 and make another go at it making only American cars......in 1987 while talks were going on Chrysler decided to buy Renault's 52%,.... AMC could have stayed and been part of the company but chose to sell the remaining 48%....sometimes i wish they did stay in and then it would almost be certain that one of those paper prototypes may come out and i would own it even if it had a Hemi...

Thats the short of it...

AMC = American Made Crap

The cars were crap for the most part and being built at the wrong time. Bad milage, bad build quality; they were getting beat out and going under. Still, it would be cool if they brought them all back. There were some great ideas there and there were a couple that are classics anyway.

There cars were not crap, ive restored and my family including cousins, uncles have restored many cars in the past and the only AMC other than my direct families cars that we done was one AMX, the rest were Gm's, Fords, Chrysler's and Jaguars....

quality was done as well as any company for the era...and AMC was the first American company to do a bumper to bumper warranty in the 70s and not because they were junk, like today its because they know the majority of the cars being built will make the warranty without major problems and its a selling point...Renault is what hurt the company...Nash,Rambler and later Hudson were known car companies in there era for building reliable, quality cars and joined in 1954 to create AMC....