Where can I get rims Chromed?

LPFSTheFett

Just got a new set of CCW rims from IPS yesterday and want to go ahead and get them chromed instead of keeping the polished finish. I just think the polished finish will drive me nucking futs.

I'd really perfer somewhere in columbus so I don't have to worry about shipping them. I want a good job done as well and don't want to have to worry about peeling.

Thanks!

Jason

Those are excellent wheels, which car are they for?

They are for the Z06. Got 18x13's in back so I can strap on a pair of 345 Drag Radials.

I got the SP500's. I was torn between those and the SP550's but after getting the rims, I'm really happy with my choice.

How much does chroming add to the weight of a wheel?

I'd get them cleared, but then wouldn't I need to make sure they were flawless prior to the clear being added? Not like there is anything wrong w/ them, but I am really picky and dont want to see any polishing marks. Or do they handle that also?

They are for the Z06. Got 18x13's in back so I can strap on a pair of 345 Drag Radials.

I got the SP500's. I was torn between those and the SP550's but after getting the rims, I'm really happy with my choice.

How much does chroming add to the weight of a wheel?

I'd get them cleared, but then wouldn't I need to make sure they were flawless prior to the clear being added? Not like there is anything wrong w/ them, but I am really picky and dont want to see any polishing marks. Or do they handle that also?

I dont know about the weight. But Wheel Medic thoroughly cleans and preps the aluminum before they powder clear it. You will not see and imperfections as long as the wheel is clean.

Chrome is the way to go for show but you dont want the extra weight On the vette. Wheels are moving mass and the worst place to have it . I have ccw wheels to and have seen some with just clear and think they look great. Its just like the stock wheels people think there chrome but there polished with clear on them.(VIPER)

Plus if you mess up the wheel you can get it fixed fast with just clear.

Jaron