Eff.....the Veron

ChevyMan1972

Pile of shit car, and it's ugly too. Iy does one thing and one thing only; it goes fast in a straight lines on big open tracks. They built it for the record, nothing else.

I can carve a better looking car out of a block of pine.

Have you driven one?

Yes, I've driven 7. I don't need to drive one to call it an ugly pile... for the price.

I'm just sick of people scoffing at what IS the greatest car ever made because some glorified kit car packing an engine with the lifespan of a match head happened to squeek out a couple mph more.

It will be 20 years before anyone tries to build a car that is all of the things that the Veyron is.

did anyone else think it was strange that he was talking about not taking away from the driving experience yet the car was paddle shifted?

No. How is a paddle shift not part of the driving experience? It's just a shifting mechanism, you can accompany it with a clutch pedal.

"The driving experience" is just code for "This car is uncomfortable, noisy, and a pain in the ass to drive".

Baddass... 1173hp

I'd like to see it dyno that-or anything north of 1k.

Its funny how the guy that sells them even admits that the Veyron s a better driving,and more comfortable car.

I dont care if you thing the Veyon's ugly-it has Air bags, AC, a system, a fucking "trunk", and you can turn a key- and go 250mph at will, is just insane. I like the Aero, but its still a tin can with a seat and a TT Pushrod motor.

They may as well have built a Colt and save themselves a for million in R&D :)

Its funny how the guy that sells them even admits that the Veyron s a better driving,and more comfortable car.

I dont care if you thing the Veyon's ugly-it has Air bags, AC, a system, a fucking "trunk", and you can turn a key- and go 250mph at will, is just insane. I like the Aero, but its still a tin can with a seat and a TT Pushrod motor.

Im surprised, I thought you would actually like the tin can?

I dont think it looks bad, but for 585k I dont want any fucking sponsor stickers on the side of my car. That would piss me off. Then again maybe they just put those on for this video.

I can admire the amount of aero work taht seems to have gone into the design, and it was a good exercise of what you can do with current off the shelf parts. But at the same time, from what I have seen, it is a glorified kit car that has gone through no certification process like an OEM does. There's no telling how it will hold up in an accident, or even if the safety equipment has been properly tested.

The fact that he said they tried various TCS and ABS systems, but 'thought they took away from teh driving experience' means that they were trying to make cheap aftermarket stuff work, but had no idea what they were doing. You will stop better with a properly tuned ABS system, it will be more stable, and all your customers will be able to execute the same performance. Traction control would be a nice thing to have with over 1000 HP and only two driven wheels. Using launch control would also allow all of their customers use the full potential of the vehicle. Also, with a car this fast it would be nice to have stability control. A properly tuned system will get them around a racetrack a lot faster, and again, it's much safer when you have that much HP.

I think the professionalism of the company was displayed when they showed a clip from their top speed run and the driver looked to be wearing a T-shirt and no helmet.

The Veyron has gone through 1000x more testing, simulation, engineering, and certification than this thing has, and it shows.

Audio/Video:

Navigation System, 10-Speaker Premium Audio/CD/DVD System, 7.5" Video/DVD Screen, Automatic Back-Up Camera

Standard EquipmentIncludes:

Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Power Mirrors, Tilt-Steering, Cab-Controlled Front Air Lift

Straight from Shelby's website. A/C, power everything, 10 speaker audio/video system and a back up camera makes for one hell of a tin can.

I can admire the amount of aero work taht seems to have gone into the design, and it was a good exercise of what you can do with current off the shelf parts. But at the same time, from what I have seen, it is a glorified kit car that has gone through no certification process like an OEM does. There's no telling how it will hold up in an accident, or even if the safety equipment has been properly tested.

The fact that he said they tried various TCS and ABS systems, but 'thought they took away from teh driving experience' means that they were trying to make cheap aftermarket stuff work, but had no idea what they were doing. You will stop better with a properly tuned ABS system, it will be more stable, and all your customers will be able to execute the same performance. Traction control would be a nice thing to have with over 1000 HP and only two driven wheels. Using launch control would also allow all of their customers use the full potential of the vehicle. Also, with a car this fast it would be nice to have stability control. A properly tuned system will get them around a racetrack a lot faster, and again, it's much safer when you have that much HP.

I think the professionalism of the company was displayed when they showed a clip from their top speed run and the driver looked to be wearing a T-shirt and no helmet.

The Veyron has gone through 1000x more testing, simulation, engineering, and certification than this thing has, and it shows.

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/press.php

Goes into detail about all the testing they have to meet including ALL DOT AND EPA compliance testing. Personally I would like ABS, Traction control, and Stability control but a 60-0 stopping distance of 103ft. is still pretty good.

You also have to keep in mind that you can buy 2 Aeros for the price of the Veyron.

That isn't a good thing, considering the Aero is 1/5th the car that the Veyron is. ;)

Straight from Shelby's website. A/C, power everything, 10 speaker audio/video system and a back up camera makes for one hell of a tin can.

I can show you Honda Civics worth less than $2000 that have all of that crap.

Teh story ont he car is simple: Shelby got on Youtube and saw a bunch of $60,000 supras doing 200mph on the highways and said "I can do that". In the end, they made a parts-bin car with a ripped off aerodynamic profile.

i think its cool.

its very American.(simpler, cheaper, and straight forward.)

its obviously no where near as sophisticated as the Veyron, but i like the rawness of it. its like a Corvette to a Ferrari, they are both awesome cars, just in different ways.

That isn't a good thing, considering the Aero is 1/5th the car that the Veyron is. ;)

I can show you Honda Civics worth less than $2000 that have all of that crap.

Teh story ont he car is simple: Shelby got on Youtube and saw a bunch of $60,000 supras doing 200mph on the highways and said "I can do that". In the end, they made a parts-bin car with a ripped off aerodynamic profile.

First you complain that it doesn't have that stuff and that the Veyron does then you say even worthless cars have that. Then you change your story to that is just a parts bin car and a ripoff profile. Two years in NASA Langley wind tunnel doesn't sound like a ripoff to me. Not to mention almost every supercar could be called a "ripoff" of a profile...it's called a wedge. Not to mention I cannot find anywhere that Bugatti took the time ti actually qualify for the world record under strict conditions unlike the Aero which has. It was even done on public roads not some perfect surface test track like all the Bugatti top speed runs.

It was even done on public roads not some perfect surface test track like all the Bugatti top speed runs.

That's because they said they could not find a closed test facility with a long enough straight to hit thier top speed. Which was kind of surprising to me because they should have been able to go to TRC if they had the cash to rent it.