Anybody fish cables?

Putty

It is fairly simple to do with a fish tape. which home depot sells for $20.

Edit: If you wanna come to delaware, i will let you borrow my fish tape, i have 2 of them.

So I get in the attic, take the cable to the wall I want it on in that room, measure how far i'm over, run the cable down between the drywall and insulation. Then go into room to that wall, measure over, cut hole in wall(yikes), pull cable through?

Amirite?

So I get in the attic, take the cable to the wall I want it on in that room, measure how far i'm over, run the cable down between the drywall and insulation. Then go into room to that wall, measure over, cut hole in wall(yikes), pull cable through?

Amirite?

That or just rip all the drywall off the wall then re-drywall the whole wall when you are done running cable. :)

HAHAHAHAHAHA That would also work

Yea that is pretty much how it works. Do you have a basement? that would make it alot easier.

It's my upstairs. When house was being built I ran extra coax and speaker wire into attic to do the upstairs. I have ceiling mount speakers for each room that needs wired in as well as run the coax to my spare rooms for cable. It's all up there stapled to a stud.

That or just rip all the drywall off the wall then re-drywall the whole wall when you are done running cable. :)

Good idea....going this route.

Thats pretty much it. I used to cut acess holes through the wall to help guide the cable. Sometimes it gets a little curled up in the wall. Pretty simple though.

OK! Headed to buy a fish to do this. Thanks!

Its real easy with 2 people if it is just a straight shot down. You won't even need fish line. Just drill a hole where you want the wire to come out of the wall. Have someone feed it down from the attic. Have the 2nd person keep their finger in the hole. Keep wiggling the ling until the 2nd person can grab it. I have done it many times. I would help you if I wasn't so fucking sick with the flu.

Its real easy with 2 people if it is just a straight shot down. You won't even need fish line. Just drill a hole where you want the wire to come out of the wall. Have someone feed it down from the attic. Have the 2nd person keep their finger in the hole. Keep wiggling the ling until the 2nd person can grab it. I have done it many times. I would help you if I wasn't so fucking sick with the flu.

That works if there is no insulation in the walls, but he said above that there is.

I have done a LOT of wall fishing, thru a variety of walls (fire breaks, insulated, from attics, from basements/crawl spaces, etc.).

In most cases, glow rods work WAY better than fish tape. I honestly avoid fish tape whenever possible

Here is a good trick. Take RG59 cable, and strip it back to the center conductor (59 because it has a thiner center conductor than RG6, though RG6 works fine to and I end up using it more often just because it is on hand). Strip back about 3' of center conductor. Right above where you want the outlet, push it thru the ceiling (next to the wall). When you look in the attic, you'll see the wire, and know exactly where you need to drill.

When you pull it out of the ceiling, the hole is so small you'll never even notice it.

You normally don't need tape/glow rod. Just run the wire down the wall. You usually don't need to open up a very big hole...metal coat hangers can be your friend.

i had to cut out some patches in the drywall, and then notch the cross boards between my studs so i could wish a new power wire and coax for behind my lcd. sucks.. so i gotta patch those spots now.

but ehh it looks alot better than having wires hanging out everywhere