Compact Gas Guzzlers

Sparky

2008 Volkswagen Jetta TDI. 31 mpg city/39 mpg highway (est)

Now that's an impressive gem that I could see owning.

My boss' gets a lil more than that, but his is a 91. Non turbo. Slow as hell. Seriously, barely holds 65.

Post 1k omg hi.

yeah, but 8.5 sec. to 60mph while not fast, isn't shabby for a family sedan that can handle nicely. dead even with a hybrid camry though :eek::confused:

good amount of torque though....and that's what I like about it.

My boss' gets a lil more than that, but his is a 91. Non turbo. Slow as hell. Seriously, barely holds 65.

Post 1k omg hi.

they are made of epic win, and run on magic. there is the cool ranch variety, and the nacho cheesier variety. :burn:

Oh man. People are like wow a 1.3 what are you getting, 25-30?

No. It's a rotary. It uses a lot of gas. And oil. And money. Big injectors. Needs a lot of dino blood to function right.

my wife's 1.6 sentra only gets about 30mpg on the freeway--pretty shitty if you ask me. i swear i got nearly that with my '90 grand prix--driving mostly in the city, i'd average 23mpg--i knew because the gas gauge was inaccurate, so i had to keep track of the mileage

Yea, i also love how people always point to the "gas guzzling suv's". How bout the "gas guzzling pickup trucks" upon which they're based? WTF Retards....

"Gas guzzling suv's" are useless, the serve no point on the road and are usually outpreformed by any decent class sedan. "Gas guzzling pickup trucks" have been required by to build this great nation, and are respected by anyone who has to work for a living.

Oh man. People are like wow a 1.3 what are you getting, 25-30?

No. It's a rotary. It uses a lot of gas. And oil. And money. Big injectors. Needs a lot of dino blood to function right.

Do you ever premix your car? My brother just started premixing his RX8 and said it runs smoother. I'm not surprised really.

Because WRX's only get shitty gas milage because the owners can't stay out of BEWST

I've pulled 27mpg out of mine with cruise control. I average 23. Which for a 2.0 still kinda sucks.

Best I have ever gotten on a 71 mph 2900RPM cruise controled cruise from findlay to Milwaukee is almost 24MPG, most of the time I am below 20. :(

I get anywhere from 250 to 300 Miles per tank. Which is 17.8 - 21.4 MPG. I almost always get around 14 Gal in the tank at fill up.

Best I have ever gotten on a 71 mph 2900RPM cruise controled cruise from findlay to Milwaukee is almost 24MPG, most of the time I am below 20. :(

I get anywhere from 250 to 300 Miles per tank. Which is 17.8 - 21.4 MPG. I almost always get around 14 Gal in the tank at fill up.

I'm in the same boat as you with gas mileage with my A4. Get about 250-300 miles per tank, 14 gallon fill ups, and usually around 18-22mpg city/highway

Because WRX's only get shitty gas milage because the owners can't stay out of BEWST

I've pulled 27mpg out of mine with cruise control. I average 23. Which for a 2.0 still kinda sucks.

ROFL ;) so 17-20 is bad?

I got 26mpg on cruise to dayton on my current setup.

2008 Volkswagen Jetta TDI. 31 mpg city/39 mpg highway (est)

Now that's an impressive gem that I could see owning.

that's low, maybe because of then new emmisions standards put on diesel cars a year or two ago. it's very wierd that VW TDIs were rated 50MPG a couple years ago and are rated 36 this year, that sucks. there are no 2007 VW TDIs that i know of. bought a 2.4L G5 and it ONLY gets 28-34 real world :(

http://www.epa.gov/fueleconomy/5yearhigh-low.htm