Who has the fastest daily driver?

ShankroidBeast

My GTP is a daily driver with 130K miles on it. My PB in the 1/4 is a 12.73 @ 107. I drive it 40 miles to work and back 5 days a week and on the weekend all over town <---- (I guess that would be the definition of a daily driver)

Now that is a daily driver for sure and into the 12's. Very impressive! I think it would be possible to have a "daily driver" that can run 12's or MUCH better and get 30mpg on the highway.

Here is an example; My best friend had an 04 Cobra fully built and everything done right. had to replace the clutch and drive it "easy" for 500 miles, basically just staying out of boost and keeping it below 3k RPM. He was amazed when he was getting 25mpg. This is a car that was doing 640whp on a conservative tune. The car had 3.90 gears BTW.

It was a combination of light weight, a free flowing motor and staying out of boost.

But the numbers for me are amazing. 640whp, and 25mpg!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy fuck Batman! Yeah I'd say it does "ok" at the track. How much coin do you have in that engine? Got a cardomain or photobucket links by chance? My GT is a 2002 as well and I'd love to see your car in more detail :D

I have videos posted here from the track. I have 2 new videos posted here from today. These show how fast the turbos spool.

http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51025