Saw an Audi A5 yesterday morning

Spotted an A5 right by my work when I was leaving yesterday morning. It was going the other way, otherwise I would have tried to get a pic with my phone, but damn, what a good looking car in person. Looking forward to checking one out a bit closer next week at the auto show.

Great thread I know.

I'd have to go with the Audi to avoid the punter-jackass stereotype that follows M3 ownership..... OH HAI ANDY! :p

In all honesty though, I do prefere the subtle styling of the Audi (all Audis). The New M3 has too much of a HEY LOOK AT ME factor. For the love of jeebus, it's got a bare carbon fiber roof:

http://www.pistonheads.com/pics/news/16457/roof-L.jpg

so i have to disagree, when comparing '08 to '08, they aren't similar in form or function. The M3 tends to be more of a brute, especially with that engine.

The S5 gas pedal puts you back in your seat with an evil grin and a sense of control. The M3 (with the gadgets turned off) doesn't have a gas pedal, it has an "AAAAAHHHH!!!!!" button. ;) I like both, but I've alread got a car with an "AAAHHH!!!" button. My only gripe with it would be the torque, but it makes up for it by screaming to 8000+rpm.

once again....missing the point. If you're buying a 60K sports car to drive in the rain or snow....you're missing the point of the car. Why make a decision about a car based on a situation that you'll encounter very infrequently in the car? Buy a beater Subi for the snow.

once again....missing the point. If you're buying a 60K sports car to drive in the rain or snow....you're missing the point of the car. Why make a decision about a car based on a situation that you'll encounter very infrequently in the car? Buy a beater Subi for the snow.

Or you can have 1 car that does it all

I drove the white one they had at MAG. It was a pretty amazing car. Had better balance, ride and handling than the B6/B7 S4s. However, if you already had a B6/B7 S4 it would be a bad choice to buy an S5, too little gain over what you have.

As for the S5 comparing to the new M3, right. The S5 is in the low to high 50s, loaded. The M3 has a cheaper base price, but can be optioned into RS4 price at about 80k. The S5 can hang with the new M3, but is more of a luxury sports coupe rather than a dedicated sports car.

And when you can get 20k mile RS4s for mid 50k, that would be hard to pass up.

Can you tell I am an Audi guy?

335i + chip/intake/exhaust > s5 also don't forget about the 135i coming out this summer.

So? Anyone that buys/bought a S5/S4/TT 3.2 etc could have bought a 335i.

You see them all over the place, dime a dozen here in columbus, the civic of the upper class.