Elevator Brewery

JuicedH22

Terrible

Food was cold, steak was overcooked.

Alot of their sig. beers were terrible.

Seats were cheap and chinsy

Teh scallops were ok, so was the calamari, everything else sucked

Atmosphere is cool, spacing and seatign is horrible, too open, not secluded whatsoever.

I also heard that it was a great place (by my secretary)

..... i guess she's never been to mitchell's etc.

I guess i am just extremely upset because people have compared it to the refectory and Mitchell's (on 3rd).... but it doesn't even compare... AT ALL

Pure dissapointment.

Can you tell us how you really feel...let it out..its ok..this is a safe place...

i bet someone did that shit from waiting to your food

Ive been there a million times but not in the past year until a few days ago. Beer was still excellent, food was good, but the service was complete shit!! We didnt see our waitress for like 40min time intervals, forgot to bring us things we asked for. Then after I walked around to find her, she came back to the table and apoligized and said she would get everyones checks. Well she did, 30 MIN LATER!! I am going to send the manager an email I am so displeased and I never do things like that. Have fun if you go. I hope your service was better than mine.

Ive been there a million times but not in the past year until a few days ago. Beer was still excellent, food was good, but the service was complete shit!! We didnt see our waitress for like 40min time intervals, forgot to bring us things we asked for. Then after I walked around to find her, she came back to the table and apoligized and said she would get everyones checks. Well she did, 30 MIN LATER!! I am going to send the manager an email I am so displeased and I never do things like that. Have fun if you go. I hope your service was better than mine.

Tell'm that you've heard some other complaints. "I and my friends have been coming here for years, but recently..."

Make her go through an employee meeting for being shitty with you. ;)

Tell'm that you've heard some other complaints. "I and my friends have been coming here for years, but recently..."

You're a dick. I knew I liked you. :cool:

-Marc

You mean, "My friends and I have been coming here for years, but recently..."

:cool:

meh, its an o.k. place. i only go there when the drug reps are paying, i think its too expensive for the food. and like gordon biersch, i hate their beer (guess i'm not a beer snob). amosphere/lighting in the bar makes it worth at least checking out.

and +1 for downtown mitchell's--i like it better than hyde park, morton's, and ruth's criss. the food is obviously great, and the restaurant itself is always crowded. i hate eating at a "snob ass" restaurant ...cough.....refectory.....cough..... and have the place be fucking empty, yet you still have to have a reservation.

i've got to eat at hendke's (spelling?) before i leave

Sir , I don't doubt the steak was over-cooked, but did you have to eat it all before you complained about it?

Backstory

1. My boss took me and another guy out there for a late dinner and then some drinks.

2. I am not a picky or snobish person though i may come off as a person who "likes nice things"

I hardly or maybe even have NEVER sent food back, often times, i just will choose to not eat.

We went there, had some drinks, the beer was fruity and bitter (i tried 3 different beers before i switched to tanq&tonic)

We ended up getting pretty hammered by the time we ordered food etc.

We got scallops appetizers, calamari, and some other cheesy dishes that were decent, but not amazing.

I got a steak with mashed potatoes and a bean dish, the potatoes were cold and the steak was dry.

Now, mind you, i was an absolute party animal in college and when i was drunk at 3am i would kill a large pizza with my roomate like it was nobodies biz.

So, after about 8 drinks you'd think that i'd be able and or willing to finish the meal, but in-fact, i was quite unimpressed and therefore unwilling to choke it down.

Anyways, it was a bad experience and it was all free too, i felt bad for my boss.

If you are a trendy faggot....

Lets all go wear argyle sweaters!

Mitchell's might be in the top 3 nicest joints in the Bus.

that and the Refectory.

ben, as a trendy faggot. the mind reels...

I cannot possibly explain how loud I just laughed in the middle of my office.

Mitchell's isn't owned by Cameron Mitchell anymore. Since he sold it, it has gone downhill. It is now owned by Ruth’s Chris Steak House. Think about it for a second.... You're the owner of Ruth's Chris. Your only real competitor in town is Mitchell's. You buy them. Do you want them better than your signature restaurant? No. So do you let the quality and reputation slide a little? Probably.

Backstory

1. My boss took me and another guy out there for a late dinner and then some drinks.

2. I am not a picky or snobish person though i may come off as a person who "likes nice things"

I hardly or maybe even have NEVER sent food back, often times, i just will choose to not eat.

We went there, had some drinks, the beer was fruity and bitter (i tried 3 different beers before i switched to tanq&tonic)

We ended up getting pretty hammered by the time we ordered food etc.

We got scallops appetizers, calamari, and some other cheesy dishes that were decent, but not amazing.

I got a steak with mashed potatoes and a bean dish, the potatoes were cold and the steak was dry.

Now, mind you, i was an absolute party animal in college and when i was drunk at 3am i would kill a large pizza with my roomate like it was nobodies biz.

So, after about 8 drinks you'd think that i'd be able and or willing to finish the meal, but in-fact, i was quite unimpressed and therefore unwilling to choke it down.

Anyways, it was a bad experience and it was all free too, i felt bad for my boss.

A) You were drunk.

B) It was late night. How late? Not trying to defend them or anything, but if it was towards closing time for the kitchen I can understand.

C) Their beer was fruity and bitter? What do you normally drink? Bud Light?

D) You drank three beers, then five T&Ts. Did you drink a glass of water in between each drink? If not, you had cotton mouth. Maybe the steak wasn't so dry? Plus, you probably had an upset stomach from drinking beer then liquor. Beer before liquor, never been sicker. Liquor before beer, you're in the clear. Man you have to remember that one.

place is great

but don't get the rock, if i have to cook my own food for 50 bucks, i'll stay home. Other than that that place is great, haven't been in a while and now I want to

Uhm, its $25. And you don't have to cook it. You can eat it rare if you like it that way. I have a system. I cut off a piece, touch it to the stone for 3sec on each side, dip and eat. Mmmmmmm........

A) You were drunk.

you just proved that you can read

B) It was late night. How late? Not trying to defend them or anything, but if it was towards closing time for the kitchen I can understand.

we got there at 8pm

C) Their beer was fruity and bitter? What do you normally drink? Bud Light?

cheap beer = budweiser & Black 'n Blue

splurge = Great Lakes & Boddingtons

D) You drank three beers, then five T&Ts. Did you drink a glass of water in between each drink?

absolutely not, i was aiming to become hamski'd

If not, you had cotton mouth. Maybe the steak wasn't so dry?

did I now?

Plus, you probably had an upset stomach from drinking beer then liquor. Beer before liquor, never been sicker. Liquor before beer, you're in the clear. Man you have to remember that one.

It's never been an issue....

but you are right, an upset stomach probably makes potatoes colder than they are, and steak less juicy..../sarcasm

you just proved that you can read

we got there at 8pm

cheap beer = budweiser & Black 'n Blue

splurge = Great Lakes & Boddingtons

absolutely not, i was aiming to become hamski'd

did I now?

It's never been an issue....

but you are right, an upset stomach probably makes potatoes colder than they are, and steak less juicy..../sarcasm

You're an idiot. I get it now. Mods, go ahead and close up this thread. Looks to be well done.

Uhm, its $25. And you don't have to cook it. You can eat it rare if you like it that way. I have a system. I cut off a piece, touch it to the stone for 3sec on each side, dip and eat. Mmmmmmm........

hey ben come over, i'll set out some raw meat and you can give me money to cook it, it'll be awesome and so worth it

and the rock only cost marc a quarter pack of smokes...

I guess i am just extremely upset because people have compared it to the refectory and Mitchell's (on 3rd).... but it doesn't even compare... AT ALL

i guess youve learned not to trust people who may be retards :)

there are only three five star resturants in columbus. the refectory is one of them. elevator is not. there is a reson they dont compare.

whoever told you that, id take whatever they say with a grain of salt from now on.

hey ben come over, i'll set out some raw meat and you can give me money to cook it, it'll be awesome and so worth it

and the rock only cost marc a quarter pack of smokes...

Yeah that fucking day cost me about 100. Damn Marc for not being a true friend and taking advantage of me. :)