Current Salaries of IT Help Desk Employees

dakotart

I know that my company is underpaying based on the current market, but I'm trying to find out by how much.

Is there anyone on here that works on a help desk?

basically, I support multiple site in columbus and am the entire desktop support.

if you work in a similar position and wouldn't mind letting me know what your making, fell free to PM me.

TIA!

In 1998 when I worked Help Desk for HNB I made something like $20/hr.

It really depends on what you do, if you answer the phone and dispatch a trouble ticket but do no fixing then you aren't worth as much.

In 1998 when I worked Help Desk for HNB I made something like $20/hr.

It really depends on what you do, if you answer the phone and dispatch a trouble ticket but do no fixing then you aren't worth as much.

I'm really, tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3. I answer calls, emails, fix stuff remotely, and and the hands on guy as well for 330+ directly supported employees and back up support for over 110 employees.

I know that my company is underpaying based on the current market, but I'm trying to find out by how much.

Is there anyone on here that works on a help desk?

basically, I support multiple site in columbus and am the entire desktop support.

if you work in a similar position and wouldn't mind letting me know what your making, fell free to PM me.

TIA!

not many people are going to be forthcoming with that kinda info.

Try salary.com or google search for helpdesk pay rate or something. I've sites that have very good technical and survey data on salaries for different jobs. When I worked tier 2 desktop/printer repair I made $13/hour as a temp. IMHO field service is where its at.

Evan

I made 12 dollars an hour doing help desk at nationwide about 12-14 years ago.... now I'm in Mgt for IT and I'm not disclosing that info.... we'll just say it's higher than that...

I know that the call center at my place of employment is a payscale 7 and 8 and that puts them in the range of 42-50k.... But it's hard to get in where I work and as soon as you get here, you want to run for the door and quit.