Russian jet fighter SU-30

ICEMAN1647545504

I know very little about this stuff but did some searching after seeing this post.. I guess that is actually at Su-37 not 30 and this has been around for a while.

Here is a vid comparing an F22 with it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_za3KfMFKLk

All cool videos.

I'm sure others on here have a lot more insight, but I thought I'd share that little bit I found..

F-22 > that.

A few reasons:

1. It (Su-37) is Russian, so it'll probably fall apart

2. F-22 will be all up in it's shit before it even knows what's going on.

3. Because I said so.

Do a search for Su-47 if you wanna see a cooler version of the Su-37.

Very cool. But in today's air warfare, dogfighting is, for all practical reasons, obsolete. With the on-board electronics, fighters can engage beyond light of sight. Couple that with a networked battlefield and they can engage beyond the horizon. These planes would have been devastating back during "Top Gun", but today, if a fighter pilot needs to draw upon maneuvering like that, shit's gone WONG.

Very cool. But in today's air warfare, dogfighting is, for all practical reasons, obsolete. With the on-board electronics, fighters can engage beyond light of sight. Couple that with a networked battlefield and they can engage beyond the horizon. These planes would have been devastating back during "Top Gun", but today, if a fighter pilot needs to draw upon maneuvering like that, shit's gone WONG.

Werd. And that is the exact reason that the F-22, or the F-35 for that matter, have absolutely nothing to worry about. They've already tagged your ass with a missle before you know they're there.

F-22 and SU-37 are roughly equivalent in maneuverability and speed, but the Raptor is a full-stealth aircraft, and the combat avionics and their integration with our other combat intelligence assets are miles ahead of the Russians.

F-22 would splash the SU-37 without the SU-37 ever knowing where the missile came from.