GM Announces the GXP Baby

TTQ B4U

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/15/new-york-08-preview-2009-pontiac-g8-gxp-packs-402-hp-and-a/#comments

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/03/pontiac-g8-gxp-1280-001a.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/03/09_pontiac_g8gxp_reda.jpg

The Evo and STi are family cars and you don't see any automatics being offered, what does the trans have to do with it being a family car?

Looks too big a car for my liking but at least it's rwd, has a V8, and a option for rowing gears.

Actually yes.......the GXP comes with a 400hp version of the LS3. Details below are taken from the link I posted. This is one of the main reasons I'm seriously considering it.

"The heart of the G8 GXP is the 6.2L LS3 small-block V-8, currently rated at 402 horsepower (300 kW)* and 402 lb.-ft. of torque (546 Nm)* pending final SAE certification. This engine is the newest member of GM's small-block V-8 family. It features a revised, larger-bore cylinder block, high-flow, L92-style cylinder heads; larger-diameter pistons; unique camshaft and camshaft timing; revised valvetrain with offset intake rocker arms; high-flow intake manifold; and high-flow fuel injectors.

The LS3 engine has an aluminum cylinder block with cast-in-place iron cylinder liners. Larger bores help create a 376-cubic-inch displacement. The block casting also features revisions and machining in the bulkheads to enhance its strength and improve bay-to-bay breathing. New pistons were designed for high-rpm performance.

New, high-flow cylinder heads aid engine breathing and are based on the large port and valve design found on the LS7 engine and other GM L76 engines. The larger-capacity, straighter intake port-design optimizes intake flow to the combustion chamber, an effect augmented by large valves, measuring 2.16 inches (55.0 mm) on the intake side and 1.59 inches (40.4 mm) on the exhaust side.

Pending final testing, the G8 GXP is expected to deliver 0-to-60 mph performance of about 4.7 seconds, and a quarter-mile time of 13.0 seconds at 108 mph."

Not quite

YAY! Another save from Holden. All praise the aussies and their ability to make GM look occasionally competent!

Hell, if it wasn't for the lack of AWD and fuel economy, I might even look at one.

:eek:

(Of course I would immediately strip off any pontiac indicators and make it Holden again. Ala Lauren)