Since everyone is jumping on the Swap'd 7 bandwagon

coltboostin

The only reason I am doin a ls1 7 is because I got a unbeatable deal for the shell. So far I got 1600$ total invested in the car. Thats getting the frame straightened out, most of the body work done, a corbeau seat and belts and my ls1 swap subframe kit. I am working on getting a gto motor which if I can get it, I wont have much in it. The only reason I put 10k in my sig is everyone say to plan on spending double on what you figured. I figured only 5-6k total in this whole car with paint.

Once finished Jp, I will do any race you want to do, 1/4, 1 mile, road course whatever...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jp, your not the first to do the swap nor is your car the reason i decided to. I have wanted a 7 for as long as I can remember...tried working with the rotary and didnt like the continued problems...ive always wanted a vette.....now I have both....

And just for Clarification-

I dont know why you goofs think my car(s) are unreliable. My RX-7 has never broken down, and never left me stranded anywhere. It has something between 3-4k on the swap now.

My Colt left me stranded twice in 4 years-once when I ripped the input shaft out of the tranny dig racing a Busa, and when I wrecked it doing over 200mph. Not bad for a 700+whp daily driven 4 banger eh?

Mind you- the car that was so HACK, and such a PILE, protected me well enough that I walked away without a scratch. :lol:

Welcome to reality bitches.

-DK-

can i get some play jp??????? jk just fucking with u little man back to having fun

Rather then argue who was first (Chris was, undoubtly, and a cool cat to boot), I think it's well known Matt has done some incredible engineering not only in power train and overall fabrication, but braking and suspension as well. I have not seen many take an FC chassis to similar extremes.

my ls1 swap subframe kit.

Which kit did you get? The hinson kits are very popular, but they dont look well designed/thought out to me... leaves a lot to be desired as far as structural stiffness is concerned. The granny's seemed a little better, but I think I will be making my own... wait, I mean, if I was going to swap... ;)

In other news, I raced a cammed ls2 swapped FD tonight in my FD.... wouldnt call it a race though... I didnt have a chance.

And I'd gladly take you at mid-ohio after dragging you down 270. DK is an equal opportunity racer. :cool:

:( apparently no takers for something I'd actually show up to watch or participate in...even though my red car makes a whopping 245 to the wheels!

Nelson April 18th?...I'll have the 3600lb heavy white car out that day.

Andy

Which kit did you get? The hinson kits are very popular, but they dont look well designed/thought out to me... leaves a lot to be desired as far as structural stiffness is concerned. The granny's seemed a little better, but I think I will be making my own... wait, I mean, if I was going to swap... ;)

In other news, I raced a cammed ls2 swapped FD tonight in my FD.... wouldnt call it a race though... I didnt have a chance.

i think that LS1 swapped FDs have MANY positives and very few negatives, but if you swap on your silverstone R2....I will be forced to take a dump in your mailbox....every month for the rest of your life.

JP, I'll be at Nelson on the 18th as well, hopefully in my FD if you'd like a ride in a crappy rotary.

Rather then argue who was first (Chris was, undoubtly, and a cool cat to boot), I think it's well known Matt has done some incredible engineering not only in power train and overall fabrication, but braking and suspension as well. I have not seen many take an FC chassis to similar extremes.

There is no arguing that at all. I was just giving chris props for actually being the first person to do said swap and to be the one who actually designed the kit. Also here is one of Chris other builds which will be a sick car to see out.

http://dieseldigital.net/media/2008/chris_shop/content/bin/images/large/chris_s_shop_0022.jpg

but if you swap on your silverstone R2....I will be forced to take a dump in your mailbox....every month for the rest of your life.

lol, yea, being 1 of only 87 silverstone R2's does make it rare! I just hate all the damn maintainability of keeping the rotary happy, and the complete lack of tq before 3.5~4k

:( apparently no takers for something I'd actually show up to watch or participate in...even though my red car makes a whopping 245 to the wheels!

Nelson April 18th?...I'll have the 3600lb heavy white car out that day.

Andy

I will be at Mid-Ohio April 11th if anyone wants to come try to take out my 'stock' FD there :D (but its not the car thats going to make me hard to beat ;) )

I will be at Mid-Ohio April 11th if anyone wants to come try to take out my 'stock' FD there :D (but its not the car thats going to make me hard to beat ;) )

I passed on the NASA event becuase I'm going to be there the following week with PCA. Might stop up and observe though.

Andy

I passed on the NASA event becuase I'm going to be there the following week with PCA. Might stop up and observe though.

Andy

If you do, make sure you stop by and introduce yourself... I can't imagine there being any other silverstone R2s there so I should be easy to spot, lol

If you do, make sure you stop by and introduce yourself... I can't imagine there being any other silverstone R2s there so I should be easy to spot, lol

I'm FD stupid so I wouldn't know...i'll bring my brother (smokey) with me though if I make it up.

Andy

jp, your not the first to do the swap nor is your car the reason i decided to. I have wanted a 7 for as long as I can remember...tried working with the rotary and didnt like the continued problems...ive always wanted a vette.....now I have both....

I am the fist documented 4Ganything into an RX-7 of any kind. The first running, driving, raced-the whole shebang. Its already been proven bud. ;)

Even though I may not have been the first-it was an innovator like I who made the swap possible for you. Some guy that is a handy DIYer may a swap kit, so the people YOU are paying to do the work-just have to bolt shit together. They are good for that. Otherwise-all of this would still be your wet dream.

DIY FTW. Im just busting your balls to a point- since you took this personally, and it was never a direct attack on you.

Folks like Chris and Matt deserve all the credit in the world, not neccesarily because of who did what first, but the amount of innovation that go into their projects.

Exactaly what I was illuming to. Innovation>replication. Especially if you end up spending more, and being slower-trying to duplicate it. ;)

Sounds good.

Do you have an general ETA for the pig? DK is going into talks about CR vs. CR 08's in Late March. :eek:

Well it looks like there is alittle snag. I guess I will be ordering a whole new front clip for the car to straighten up the front end body work. Then after that is done it is paint time and then motor time. I cant really give a time frame, about all I can say is if it is done before the summer time I will gladly come back up there with a few people to have a rematch like last yr.