noddanewbkthxby

Guest Marinofan

Guest Marinofan

I like cougars, they go RAWR!!..

I have some ideas for a turbo that utilizes the exhaust and a second battery, then I want to use tiny fans and put a gagillion of them on a turbo cause they would work better.

Oh and anybody know where i can get 15 computer speakers to make a killer system?

*i can do inside jokes too*

I like cougars, they go RAWR!!..

I have some ideas for a turbo that utilizes the exhaust and a second battery, then I want to use tiny fans and put a gagillion of them on a turbo cause they would work better.

Oh and anybody know where i can get 15 computer speakers to make a killer system?

*i can do inside jokes too*

You should route your cold a/c air into your throttle body.

Guest nadthomas
Just to point out since I seemed to have started the cougar flood, I did not ask anyone to join columbusracing, and I completely agree that this was stupid and pointless. I still disagree a few few members here and their flaming, but I do not support this either. I'm about useful car talk with minimal bs, which was my point all along.

Just to point out since I seemed to have started the cougar flood, I did not ask anyone to join columbusracing, and I completely agree that this was stupid and pointless. I still disagree a few few members here and their flaming, but I do not support this either. I'm about useful car talk with minimal bs, which was my point all along.

STFU NOOB and GTFO!

There can be no useful discussion pertaining green glo halo magic whatever the hell lights installed on cougars.

"Gee, Bob do you turns your's on or off?"

"Usually on Tom"

"Yeah, me too!"

:confused:

Guest nadthomas

Dude, I didn't try to start any discussion about the halo rings. I had built my cougar so I could drive it daily, race it on the weekend, and the occasional car show. The rings and the underbody lights (yes I had those too) were only on at the shows where it was dark enough to see them, because people liked them. I did not drive around with them on.

Although I'm pretty sure they add about 100hp, but it wasn't need since my car was already the most bad ass thing on the road. (sarcasm)

Also, I'm beginning to think that you guys thought I only had cosmetic mods on the car. The cosmetic mods were minor in comparison to the performance mods.

Dude, I didn't try to start any discussion about the halo rings. I had built my cougar so I could drive it daily, race it on the weekend, and the occasional car show. The rings and the underbody lights (yes I had those too) were only on at the shows where it was dark enough to see them, because people liked them. I did not drive around with them on.

Although I'm pretty sure they add about 100hp, but it wasn't need since my car was already the most bad ass thing on the road. (sarcasm)

Also, I'm beginning to think that you guys thought I only had cosmetic mods on the car. The cosmetic mods were minor in comparison to the performance mods.

By all means,

Please enlighten us as to the extensive performance modifications. Perhaps we have it all wrong.

:confused:

Guest nadthomas

Well, just as the cougar gets no love on here, the aftermarket for parts is extremely limited as well. But here is what I had.

Custom MTX75 Transmission w/ B1 Gearset, 4.5 Final Drive, Focus Shift Tower, Quaife LSD, Spec Lightweight Flywheel, SVT Clutch & PP

B&M Short Throw Shifter

SVT UIM, LIM, TB

GMK CAI

AEM Bypass Valve

ProFlow MAF and MAF Calibrator

Metal Impeller Waterpump

DMD

SVT Radiator

New Baffled Oil Pan

ES Urethane insert in Front Roll Restrictor/Engine Mount

SVT rear Roll Restrictor/Engine Mount

Gutted Pre-Cats

TruBendz Stainless Steel Y-Pipe with high flow catalytic convertor

Bassani Stainless Steel Catback Exhaust Dual Tips

OMP FSTB

Jaged RSTB

Roush Rear Sway Bar

Bradness Heavy Duty Rear Sway Bar Endlinks

Roush Springs

ST200 Struts

Wilwood Forged Billit Superlight Caliper

300mm SVT Focus Rotor

Analog Voltage Gauge

Autometer Air/Fuel Gauge

Innovate Motorsports LC-1 Wideband controller

Zex Dry Nitrous Kit

The transmission was one of the biggest upgrades made to the car, it came from a gentleman named Leo Capaldi who used to run a cougar in the SCCA Spec Racer Series. It was one of his spare transmissions, and had extremely short gearing. It really help make the most of the the little 2.5L. Also keep in mind for those that actually saw the pics before I pulled them down, the car had 105k miles on so it, takes a lot to keep a daily driver running and looking(yes that is subject to person opinion) that good with miles that high. Also, I replaced the engine at one point, which is just no fun on those cars. The next step for the car was to either build a high compression 3L Duratec motor, or pick from one of only two force induction options that is available for the cougar. I added the spray just as something to hold me over until I could decide what I wanted to do, but instead I decided I had put enough into the car and cut my losses.

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not saying the cougar is the shit, there are certainly a ton of better cars of the road, but it does alright.