anyone here auto-x?

Guest cougarpimp916

^Honestly I don't know, I need to pick up my NASA membership before long and I also need some new Pumas or something for driving and some gloves for driving as well, especially before the July HPDE. This little stuff adds up quickly. I'd also like to get off the 6+ year old rear tires on the Laser and get some wider Falkens all around but I'll be lucky to pull that off before HPDE as well.

Yeah, so I'm a moron. Do I select the weekend online member or SCCA member online fee? No, I'm not an SCCA member, so how do I become one?

I am kind of confused about what you are asking...

you do not need to be an SCCA member to participate, I'm not.

I am kind of confused about what you are asking...

you do not need to be an SCCA member to participate, I'm not.

When I register, do I select the SCCA member fee or the weekend online fee? Do you have to be a member if you want to compete for points?

When I register, do I select the SCCA member fee or the weekend online fee? Do you have to be a member if you want to compete for points?

Select whatever isn't the SCCA Membership fee. As far as I know, you do not have to be a member to run for points, although I am not exactly sure.

You must be a member to accrue points and be eligible for the class trophy. Mike, the membership is $75 for a year so sign up for that one.

SCCA member online means you register online before the event for $26, if you walk up register it's $35. Weekend member apparantly means non-member price. So if you plan on being out there part of the season there's no point in not being an annual member. Plus SCCA members get discounts at the Tirerack.com and various other places and they send you some coupons and such.

You must be a member to accrue points and be eligible for the class trophy. Mike, the membership is $75 for a year so sign up for that one.

SCCA member online means you register online before the event for $26, if you walk up register it's $35. Weekend member apparantly means non-member price. So if you plan on being out there part of the season there's no point in not being an annual member. Plus SCCA members get discounts at the Tirerack.com and various other places and they send you some coupons and such.

Can you point me to where I register to be a member? I didn't see it on the scca or ovr sites.

Can you point me to where I register to be a member? I didn't see it on the scca or ovr sites.

On the OVR (Ohio Valley Region) under the "Forms" section:

http://www.ovr-scca.org/downloads/forms/2008application.pdf

Instructions are on the form - along with fees, etc. Not sure where it is on the national site, but just as easy to go through the club the first time. Renewal are easier - national will just send you a bill!