the 3 hour question

AJ

do i put my underdrive pully on before i have the car tuned? i think yes but my lazy side says no. the only thing is it will rev a little faster because of the smaller size so that could change the a little on the tune and i need it to be spot on to help keep the life of the engine from going down the drain on high RPM driving.

Do you have the option to go down to 10%? (with no ideas of large cam/head setup in the future)

From a calibration stand point, 25% can be a nightmare with operating voltage fluxations. As you're propably aware; the fuel injectors` output with relation to voltage can change largely, and quickly. This can give a somewhat random air fuel ratio as the trims try to correct. You may not even notice, but it can be very annoying to whomever is calibrating the car.

there was a 10% one. i got this for free brand new in box so i didn't really have the option of the 10% one. i am aware of the voltage issues, good thing the car has a Red Top in it. but how offten is it going to sit at idle and run for more than 20 mins anyways so i should be good to go.

Wait, i don't understand why a underdrive pulley will affect a tune at all?

It will turn the alternator more slowly, which can affect the voltage output of the alternator. This in turn can affect the speed of the fuel pump, etc. and wreak havoc.

Wait, i don't understand why a underdrive pulley will affect a tune at all?

voltage output, and since it will rev faster it can affect fuel trim tables and pos. MAF. i think i am going to try and get a speed density tune just for that extra little edge on track haha.

Let me know when ur goin to get tuned. Or we can just put it on mine if u want... :cool:

naw, but would you be pissed if i put the same cam and heads on my car and made more horse power? you know cause your car is 4 years newer and has a bigger engine and all lol.