Beach Performance - New Albany

nurkvinny

Does anyone have any knowledge of Beach Performance from New Albany? I know someone who is sending an engine there for some work - a slightly-more-than-stock-rebuild build up.

He asked if I could find out anything about them.

Thanks

Vince

He did some work on my last motor. The prices were comparable to most builders in the area and he turned it around in a decent time frame. The quality was what I expected.

The guy is not a talker what-so-ever. You'll have better luck at chatting with your machined parts.

i thought bob closed shop and moved to N.C. building NASCAR engines? last time we called his cell thats where he was. maybe i'm thinking someone else?

You're thinking of Hickernell.

If you're talking about Jeff, yea, he is. Hell of a guy too.

+++ 1 Million, my dad has known him for years, and it was a shame he had to close up shop, because he has an engine dyno...

I can also say about Bob Beach does good work and has been for 35+ years and everyone is right not real easy to talk to but work is top notch.

Dan

I met Mr. Beach this evening. Chatted with him for an hour. I found him very easy to talk to, and even learned how cranks are balanced. He took the time to show us without us even asking how it worked. BTW, someone's 347 stoker crank needed a lot of material drilled out. :)

I have high hopes for how our little 327 will turn out.

Yes, it is. I also learned tonight that the stock 11.x to 1 pistons made 41 years ago were forged units.

This motor is 4 decades old and only needs a very minor hone, and that is only for the new rings to seat correctly. Bearings looked fine (yes, they are being replaced).