What are the 3 best LCD TV's for under $1500 at Circuit City?

Rustlestiltskin

Just at the title states, Circuit City has a deal going on now where if you buy a lcd tv for $999 and up that there will be 0%interest for 36 monthes. Well that made me consider to get a nice lcd tv since i'm still living in the stone age w/ old tube tv. So I wondered if you guys could help me out since I dont know too much about lcd tv's. If you could guide me to what you guys think are the 3 best lcd flatscreens for under $1500 at circuit city then that would be great and I would be soo thankful.

Here is they're website:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/category.do?catOid=-12867&N=20012866+20012867&c=1

Dont mind the website only saying no interest for 18mo b/c its dif. at my store.

Oh, and could a MOD fix my title so that it says LCD and not LC. :(

Thanks,

Paul :cool:

Panasonic Plasma /thread. Seriously, the only better TV out there is Pioneer and they are an arm and left nut and not worth the difference.

I'm biased as I own several and worked there for years, but am also very confident in them.

Panasonic Plasma /thread. Seriously, the only better TV out there is Pioneer and they are an arm and left nut and not worth the difference.

I'm biased as I own several and worked there for years, but am also very confident in them.

I'd have to agree Panasonic has the nicest plasma television.

Brand wise for lcd. Sharp and Sony are very nice looking. Samsung's are nice looking as well. I guess it just depends on the size you're going for.

From installing them all the time, I would only get a sony or samsung. I've seen way too many broken LG and Vizio's. I've seen quite a few Panasonic and I think they are still "grainy" and have a lower contrast ratio.

I have a sony kdl-40s3000 here for $1199.95 Brand new in the box BLOW OUT sale.

don't get plasma, it uses more energy and they have a shorter lifespan than LCD. in fact, they're almost completely scaling back plasma production because compared to LCD there's almost no market for them.

as far as LCDs, Sony and Toshiba are probably the best names, I know a few people who are really happy with their Samsungs.

don't finance a TV, just save up and buy it.

+1

The only things you really want to finance are appreciating assets (houses, typically). Anything that depreciates is a "save and pay cash unless you absolutely have to" item, including cars and other sparkly toys.

• Confused 1

Lifespan on the new Panny units is 100,000 hours and have been since the last generation. They are tested in Vivid Mode at natural view brightness settings too, no zero as every other unit is tested. They base testing on 6hrs of use per day. You'll never get the back light on an LCD to go even half that in real life. Sharp, IIRC, is the only one that made user replaceable lamps. Believe me, the testing facility for Panny plamsa beats the hell out of them and rivals the most abusive in the industry. They get that from our Toughbook group.

The new units due out between now and June are less than 1" thick and the new phosphors and cell design technology have a greatly improved discharge and combined with the new circuit and drive technology thus has has twice the luminance efficiency and provides the same brightness as the previous lineup of 1080p units.

If you're an environmental buff, Power consumption has also been cut in half as has the weight. Panasonic has also become the first company to completely eliminate lead from their Panels and speaker wise is using bamboo fiber diaphragms.

They are also holding very high status with the Native: 30,000:1 contrast ratio. Add in the anti reflective coating and game mode and they are just about the perfect TV.

don't get plasma, it uses more energy and they have a shorter lifespan than LCD. in fact, they're almost completely scaling back plasma production because compared to LCD there's almost no market for them.

as far as LCDs, Sony and Toshiba are probably the best names, I know a few people who are really happy with their Samsungs.

The only things you really want to finance are appreciating assets (houses, typically). Anything that depreciates is a "save and pay cash unless you absolutely have to" item, including cars and other sparkly toys.

Houses are not assets, they are liabilities (unless it is rental property).

Full agreement on rentals, but owner-occupied houses can go either way... I can't argue with them being a liability if you're an upside-down speculator or signed a mortgage agreement you didn't understand, for more than the house should have been worth in a non-bubble economy, but they do tend to appreciate slightly faster than inflation, even after taking maintenance into account, which is why I call them an asset.

Full agreement on rentals, but owner-occupied houses can go either way... I can't argue with them being a liability if you're an upside-down speculator or signed a mortgage agreement you didn't understand, for more than the house should have been worth in a non-bubble economy, but they do tend to appreciate slightly faster than inflation, even after taking maintenance into account, which is why I call them an asset.

I understand your logic. Mine came from a book I read:

This one.

don't finance a TV, just save up and buy it.

I second Fowlers post. Samsung or Sony. Remember you get what you paid for.

Except that if its 0% financing there is no advantage to paying for it up front, besides personal satisfaction of no debt.

It will cost you the same in the end, assuming you make payments on time. Actually less if you consider the real value of money caused by inflation, ie. a dollar is worth more today than tomorrow

The house is the asset the loan is the liability..

I will explain... You can sell off the house to pay off the loan... therefore the house will always = asset and the loan =liability.

People really like to throw these words around and get away from what they really mean

I understand your logic. Mine came from a book I read:

This one.

There are a lot more variables that go into it.

If Bob the builder buys a house 40k under value, invests 10k into it while living in it and reaping the tax advantages, rents out a room to collect rental income, and sells after 2 years netting 30k + monthly rental income... that house is most definitely an investment asset regardless of how much furniture was purchased to furnish it.

Rich Dad, poor dad philosophy is excellent but really only covers very generic scenarios.

Except that if its 0% financing there is no advantage to paying for it up front, besides personal satisfaction of no debt.

It will cost you the same in the end, assuming you make payments on time. Actually less if you consider the real value of money caused by inflation, ie. a dollar is worth more today than tomorrow

But everytime you go into a store to buy whatever the latest craze is an open a new acct because they have the 0% interest it shows on your credit as a credit score inquiry and if you open it a new account with no time lapse on it.

1080 is higher resolution than 720. Generally, you can't get 1080 until you move up to a certain size, however I do not know what that size is.

I have a 52" Pany LCD projection screen. Not quite the same as a flat panel, but its still an LCD screen. It does 1080, and I play a lot of Halo 3 on it. I bought my mother a 32" Samsung for Christmas. It only does 720, but playing Halo on it was even more amazing. I wish I would have had the coin to pick up another one for my bedroom. That being said, I have been happy with my Pany every day I've owned it, except when it broke two weeks out of warranty. $400 later, I was enjoying it again.

The house is the asset the loan is the liability..

I will explain... You can sell off the house to pay off the loan... therefore the house will always = asset and the loan =liability.

People really like to throw these words around and get away from what they really mean

Until your house is paid off, it isn't yours. It is owned by the bank. At any point, if you neglect to pay taxes, the house can be taken from you. If you are in a condo/homeowners association and neglect to pay dues, then your house can be taken from you. The worth of your house is arbitrary, and I do not agree with you when you say at any time you can sell the house and pay off the loan. If that were the case, then foreclosures would not exist. Until the point your house puts money into your pocket, it is a liability. My house has made me no money so far, therefore I consider it a liability.

I, too, hate it when people say things and don't know what they are talking about.

Until your house is paid off, it isn't yours. It is owned by the bank. At any point, if you neglect to pay taxes, the house can be taken from you. If you are in a condo/homeowners association and neglect to pay dues, then your house can be taken from you. The worth of your house is arbitrary, and I do not agree with you when you say at any time you can sell the house and pay off the loan. If that were the case, then foreclosures would not exist. Until the point your house puts money into your pocket, it is a liability. My house has made me no money so far, therefore I consider it a liability.

I, too, hate it when people say things and don't know what they are talking about.

I see what you are saying, but the loan in a sense has nothing to do with the house. The loan is YOUR loan, with a lien on the house as an asset backing the loan.

Look at a balance sheet and tell me where property falls and where loans fall.

The house is an asset and the loan is a liability

You can liquidate assets to pay liabilities. Just because you don't have $$ in your pocket from the house, that does not mean it is not a real asset