Outdated Autox info!!

Dr. Apex

Since this is coming up and there are always people asking what's what so here's some info:

If you plan on attending more than 3-4 events of autocross it's cheaper to simply become an SCCA member. You can do this by joining at your first even which you get for free, or go online to http://www.SCCA.org and signing up there. Non-member prices have gone up so it's well worth it to become a member plus you get some coupons and discounts to places like Tirerack.com and such.

Registering for an event: For some basic info go to our local site at http://www.ovr-scca.org There is a lot of good information like what to do and bring, along with the autocross schedule, pictures, and link to the registration site. To register online go to http://www.dlbracing.com and register your info on that site. You will have to put in your car info, pick a class, and register a car number for the season. To register for a specific event go to the "calendar" section, look at the date of the event and look for "OVR" and a notepad icon that says "register for event" and click on that. It will walk you through the registration for that event. You can pay online through PAYPAL or use a credit card, or "mail in check" option to pay for the event.

Now just show up to the event with a mechanically sound car and yourself and your ready to go. There are several SCCA members like myself on here that are usually more than willing to help so ask any questions you need to.

Ben

• Confused 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ben, CAI, long tubes, maybe an underdrive pully before the first event but thats all. i figured the long tubes by them self would move my car up to SM2. good thing i can learn quick or i would get my ass handed to me in that class. did they decide if they were going to run a novice SM2 street tire class or not?

I will be in the Laser most of the year likely.

AJ, nothing your doing is illegal in "Street Prepared" and either class has the potential for some seriously fast cars. Don't know about the "street tire" thing yet but I hear it's easily setup if people want it. Best thing I can say to do is when you go to the event ask about it, that might entice management to add it maybe.

Schedule from the OVR sight below:

Name/Date/Location

Test N Tune/04-13-2008, Sun/Cooper Stadium

Points #1/04-19-2008, Sa/tNational Trail Raceway

Driver School/05-03-2008, Sat/OSU Ackerman Lot

Points #2/05-04-2008, Sun/OSU Ackerman Lot

Points #3/05-18-2008, Sun/OSU Ackerman Lot

GASS/05-31-2008, Sat/Cooper Stadium

GASS/06-01-2008, Sun/Cooper Stadium

Points #5/06-15-2008, Sun/OSU Ackerman Lot

Street Survival/07-12-2008, Sat/OSU Ackerman Lot

Street Survival/07-13-2008, Sun/OSU Ackerman Lot

Points #6/07-20-2008, Sun/National Trail Raceway

Points #7/08-10-2008, Sun/OSU Ackerman Lot

Points #8/08-23-2008, Sat/Cooper Stadium

Points #9/08-24-2008, Sun/Cooper Stadium

Points #10/09-28-2008, Sun/Cooper Stadium

Points #11/10-18-2008, Sat/National Trail Raceway

Fun Event/11-02-2008, Sun/Cooper Stadium

Notes for the 2008 season schedule

GASS:

GASS stands for the Great American Solo Series. It is an independent traveling series that travels around the SCCA regions within the Great Lakes Division. In general it is viewed as a good way to meet competitors from other areas and to go up against the best drivers in the division. It is also a great stepping stone to running at the SCCA divisional race or one of the pro tour races.

Street Survival:

Street survival is a driving class for 16-21 year old drivers. The idea is to put these young drivers in real world situations so they can better learn to control their car. This is NOT a racing class, nor is it a basic driving class. It is somewhere in the middle. This is about safe emergency lane changes, stopping distances, skids on slippery roads and knowing the car and its characteristics.