Who wants to help me?

Twistedrx7

Good bike but the 636 version is a better streetbike and there is a guy on here with one for sale. I have an '05 6R (636) and love it for the street, track, mountains, and everything else. I'd consider selling mine since I just had twins but to be honest, the other guy on here selling one is cheaper than I would sell mine for.

Do you really recommend full coverage on a 3k bike? I am about to be buying insurance for a 3k bike and don't understand why you would want to pay $700 a year for a bike that is worth 3k. Just trying to get your opinion on this, not saying you are wrong, just curious.

Because my insurance is $206 for 6-months FULL coverage. Why not...?

If you get good rates and have a good record, at least get liability with theft and un-insured/under-insured motorists... ;)

You may never use it but that's why you have insurance. It only takes one idiot or mistake to make your life hell on a bike. Besides if you have a lean on the bike, you are required by law to have full coverage. If you pay cash for it, liability is great just don't be upset when the bike gets stolen...

and thats it.. DONT RIDE BEYOND YOUR ABILITY

and keep yourself in check

respect the bike.. and you can ride whatever you want.

you just have to do those things and youll be alright.

+1

as i always say.. you can start out on any bike.. as long as you have your head on straight. and respect the bike.

but i do suggest buying used.. being a first bike. that way if you do lay it down you didnt just trash a a brand new bike.

go sit on everything you like and decide from there. and for gods sake go take the safety course..

+1, first bike be a used one

my first bike was a 500cc, i dropped it 3 times, never while moving, really pissed me off, but really made me glad i only paid $450 for it!!

i was ready for something bigger within a month, i now have a 600 and a 750

Buy a 600 for no more than 4k. For 4k you can get a very nice bike. You dont need a liter bike cuz you wont use all of it. Most people that have them dont use all the power. Not to mention your insurance will be cheaper on a 600... and they are still VERY fast! Happy hunting!

+1 quoted for truth.

I would say avoid the RRs. Yes anyone can handle something if they stay within their own abilities, but there is just the problem. Most people really don't know what their own ability is and most Supersport and Race Replica bikes have a very small margin between overpushing a limit and spilling. They will rarely give warning if they're starting to lose it.

Don't assume you'll outgrow a 500 or 600 or 650 in a year. I've been on my SV for 3 years now and plan on running for even more. After doing some small changes to the suspension the bike is a blast and it communicates to me well when I'm pushing either my limit or it's limit. Despite what one person said before, the SV650 is far from a junk bike(I think motorcyclists did rate it as one of the best bang for your buck bikes new as well as it's a very popular track bike).