k20 swaps in hondas

boosted98gst

I was just going through youtube and checking out the video, came across this video where a guy swapped a k20 into a 92 hatch, with bolt on mods and a tune the car ran a 12.8 @107, are these common numbers with the swap, if so that is very very impressive. the video is under the search as

"Top Setup 92 Civic EG K20 Engine Swap "

what are the power output of these motors, im sure some honda guys in here know.

k20's are the motors in the RSX and S2K and the new civic Si if im not mistaken..they are capable of HUGE numbers from a tune alone you can be in the mid 13s, i have seen people do K24 blocks(CRV) on a K20 head and make even bigger numbers because the K24 block can be sleeved out to be bigger than the K20 combustion chambers(they didnt make it that big), but they are fast cars none the less, there is a black civic hatch with orange wheels with a K20 swap

k20's are the motors in the RSX and S2K and the new civic Si if im not mistaken..they are capable of HUGE numbers from a tune alone you can be in the mid 13s, i have seen people do K24 blocks(CRV) on a K20 head and make even bigger numbers because the K24 block can be sleeved out to be bigger than the K20 combustion chambers(they didnt make it that big), but they are fast cars none the less, there is a black civic hatch with orange wheels with a K20 swap

yeah I was very impressed with the videos I see on the motors, running 12.7 and trapping 107 for a Na 4 banger is awsome, and the thing is 100% dependble and gets great gas milage im sure also, would kick ass for a little daily driver.

The S2000 does NOT use the K20.

MY00-03 have the F20C

MY04+ have the F22C

They are NOT in the S2k...only civic si, tsx, rsx. My bro has a K in his integra and its fast for an N/A 4cyl!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_K_engine

Varies widely as it is pretty much there platform for most of their 4 cylinders now. 155-222hp is the range for the K20 but the same block can be used for the K23 and K24.

OOPS! stepped away in the middle of typing and some people beat me to it.

/Fail

Is it a better swap than a Type R swap? I ask cause I raced two diffrent hondas/acuras last year one was the Blue teg with the K20 swap (I/H/E) we raced from a 40 and I won By 3 lengths in my straight piped mustang (at the time) but after 120 he started flying up on me. Then I raced a Civic hatch with the typeR swap (I/H/E) and we raced from 40-100 and it was alot closer it seemed. Dont know if either had a tune or not. Is one just a bit bigger and stronger?

The k20A (jdm DC5), K20A2 (usdm rsx-s), (k24block/k20a2head) are the wave of the future for honda/acura swapped cars.

With simple bolt-ons they can laydown 200-240WHP with tuning.

put a turbo kit on it and 450-500WHP on a bone stock motor.

We have done over 20 of these swaps already with awesome results!!

If you have any further questions or want a price for the installed swap please let me know!

Joshua

SlowMotion Motorsports

Honda Fit with a K-Swap!!!

Trust me, if I had the funds it would be happening already. I can only afford one or the other. I am just looking for a decent daily driver to replace my 2000 Cherokee. Ideally, I would like to buy a Fit and swap it once it is paid off. I likely will, but the swapped EK is still tempting.