FS: 93 RX-7 with built LS6/T-56 swap

Rookie84

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3-4 shift fork took a dump over the weekend... 4th doesn't disengage easily and 3rd pops out occasionally. so the transmission will need to come off and 3-4 shift fork and key will need to be replaced. It won't cost a lot to replace those two parts, but if I were to rebuild it myself, I would just do a complete rebuild. The car is still drivable.

Anyway, $24,000 FIRM for the car as is. That's $5,000 discount when the complete rebuilds can be done for $1,000 or less + the labor to remove and reinstall the tranny. I would just rather not put any more money into the car as my finances are pretty tight. If nobody wants it, I'll just do a complete rebuild that can handle 600+rwhp next month and raise the price slightly.

Thanks for the kind words, neonkiller :)

Looks like I'll be going in for a tranny rebuild soon... probably sometime next week. So if anyone wants the car as it is right now, let me know ASAP.

The car is scheduled to go in for a tranny rebuild on Monday. Had to sell some parts to get the money... :( Let me know ASAP if anyone wants the car as is... although it doesn't look like anyone does at the moment :p

After Monday, the price will be back up to $29,000. I decided not to raise the price but I'll be less flexible on it after the rebuild is done. I'll probably also change the front brake pads and maybe install the bushing kit while the car is in the shop.

Door panels, pass. side door grip, exterior door handles, door scuff plates, and some other things that I might be forgetting will be changed as soon as I get the car back from the shop.

Talk to me in a year if I still have it. :) It will be quite a bit more modded if I keep it for another year. :D

Anyway, dropped it off for the tranny rebuild today. I'm first having the shop take the tranny apart to see which parts I need to replace. I think I'll just replace the broken parts and also all synchros to freshen things up.

Talk to me in a year if I still have it. :) It will be quite a bit more modded if I keep it for another year. :D

Anyway, dropped it off for the tranny rebuild today. I'm first having the shop take the tranny apart to see which parts I need to replace. I think I'll just replace the broken parts and also all synchros to freshen things up.

just don't change anything on the exterior---it looks absolutely perfect, the color, stock body panels, and wingless rear completely set this car off.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Kirk. I don't think I will change the exterior anytime soon. Not because I don't want to, but because it'll be the last mod I'll do to the car. :D

Anyway, got it back from the shop. Tranny is rebuilt using carbon kevlar synchros on all gears, bronze fork pads 1-6, billet keys 1-4, and 3-4 steel shift fork. Pretty much everything for 600hp spec. I also had RaceDriver's oil pan baffle installed. No more oil starvation around corners out on track.

I'm thinking about keeping the car at this point. I've already put a lot of money into it myself, and the financial situation is looking better. I don't know... I really like the car so I'm really torn about whether to sell it or not since it does help if I sell the car.

Even tho that's a bastard of a build (just not one for putting the chevy motor's in the 7's) you've done a ton to it and its just now going to get even MORE fun so what the hell, keep it dude.

Yeah... it looks like I'll keep it as things are right now. I'm about to buy a set of wheels for it, and just changed out the door panels(fucking PITA... If I ever meet whoever designed the interior of the FD in my lifetime, I'm going to punch him in the face, HARD). At this point, unless someone really wants to buy it and wants to pay the asking price, I'll keep it.

• 2 weeks later...
I actually got it done while I was in Virginia for a week. My car is still there though thanks to crack in the oil pan... arrrggghhh. It's being fixed now and I'll be going back this weekend to bring the car back here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like I'll be putting even more money into the car unless I can get it sold in a week or two. :lol: This really will be my last attempt to sell this car. If it doesn't sell, I guess I'll be spending a grand or two on a beater.

Two more problems with the car... I've been lazy so I didn't get front fenders rolled as it was only occasionally rubbing, and the tire finally caught the fender lip and pulled it out. Easy fix, though. Also, the gauge cluster hood is officially fubar'd, as the crappy Mazda plastic coating is cracked all over the place, along with a few tabs that I've broken. New one from Mazda is $350 or you can pick up a used one in good condition for around $200 or so.

Nah. I decided that I want something that I'm not gonna pour money into modding. I'm now motivated to sell, so make offers.

Another update. I recently just got a set of Koni yellows(brand new), Tein H-tech springs(brand new), and a set of upper shock mounts in great condition. I decided to include everything (about $900 value brand new) to make the deal even sweeter. Tein H-techs + Koni yellows make a great dual-purpose setup. Combined with the Superpro bushing kit that I'm including, you'll basically have a brand new suspension setup. I am motivated to sell, so make offers, people.

Also, the AC compressor was leaking a bit so it was replaced. The AC blows ice cold now. :D

BTW, I noticed I made a couple mistakes in the ad. The fuel lines has been heat wrapped for a while. Also, every interior part has been replaced with great condition black parts, except the rear bins and rear quarter panels. Bins have some very minor scratches, which can be touched up using any plastic paint.

• 4 weeks later...